We said goodbye to the wonderful state of Washington and said hello again to our beloved Utah.
When we moved to Washington, we had a plan. Five to ten years and we would move our family back to Utah to raise our children by family. But the thing is, Washington became home for us these past 4+ years so we had mixed feelings when our opportunity to move back finally came. It wasn't a hard choice, not really, but at the same time it was really difficult for Eric and I to uproot our family from our wonderful neighborhood and ward. We developed so many incredible friendships while in Washington. We met different people, experienced new cultures, explored the mountains and beaches, and so much more. But most importantly, we had the chance to experience the Church outside of Utah. We got to truly know what it felt like to have a ward family. It was an unforgettable, irreplaceable 4 years of our lives. I know Eric and I learned and grew so much while we were living away. I will always cherish my friendships from Renton Washington. What a beautiful, faithful, loyal, and kind group of women I was blessed to know. I genuinely love each of these ladies!
When it came down to the last few days before moving... boy, did I have a hard time leaving my girls. :) Thankfully we have the internet to stay in touch... and I'm hoping to have some visitors in the coming years too!
So here we are in Utah! Beautiful, sunny, friendly and familiar Utah. It feels good to be home. To be surrounded by sisters and brothers, parents, cousins, and old friends. Eric and I worked hard to find a house that was a good fit for our growing family - a place to raise our children in. We think we found it in Sandy, UT! We are under contract right now and looking forward to closing soon and moving in. Woohoooo!!
![]() |
| Dad's birthday. All the grandkids (in Utah) piled on his lap! |







2 comments:
Yea Britt! I was thinking of you the other day and wondering when the move was happening! I hope all of move prep wasn't too bad for you! I am sure you are loving being with your families again :).
That looks so darn fun!!! I wish we were still in Utah so much😞xoxo
Post a Comment