Friday, June 13, 2014

Ian's 2nd birthday!

My baby is two! It's crazy how much their personalities just burst into life between 12 and 24 months. Before it's like you have a hint... but by 2 you are seeing some definite patterns!  This is what I"m learning about my little boy Ian.  He is a mischief maker. Not only does he get into things, like most toddlers, I think he actually enjoys the thrill of doing something he's not supposed to. He gets this look in his eye like he is just waiting to see what I'll do. And he's obviously fighting not to smile. What a stinker!  He's a cuddler. He takes after his big sis and loves to give and receive lots of TLC. He has a great sense of humor. He has silly games he loves to play with us and he is always up for a tickle - he loves to laugh.  Even when he doesn't get what everyone is laughing about, he will heartily join in. Melts my heart.  He is stubborn. Like his  Daddy. And his brother. And his sister. I've learned to choose my battles to win the war in this family. ;) He adores Gabe and Nyah. He parrots what they say and copies exactly what they do. It's like he wants to be a big kid so bad. He is just so aware of them and what they are doing. And they love him so much. What a blessing siblings are! He is a comfort baby. He is still attached to his special blanket that he calls "wee". That and his habit of thumb sucking when he's tired, helps me remember that he is still a baby. It is so sweet.  He loves to sing and read books. I know he would sit on my lap and read books or sing songs with me all day. I haven't actually tested that theory out but I would bet it's true! He gets sooooo excited to read books - he actually pulls the big family Book of Mormon out and says "book!" when he wants to read. And don't even get him started on the Popcorn popping on the apricot tree song.  He is obsessed! He can sing that over and over and just gets more and more excited with each time. He cups his hand like a visor over his eyes and says "see! see!" at the end to let me know he wants to start over and do it all again. It is so cute. He just bounces and wiggles in delight.  He is genuinely a ray of sunshine in our home.  I remember thinking that exact thing with each of my children at this age but it's so special to see how unique each one is and how much their individuality adds to our happiness as a family.  I love birthdays because it gives me a chance to sit back and cherish my babies. To remember all the sweet little details of life with them.  Ian is such a joy. I just can't put into words how much I adore that little boy!

Ian adores his Papa. And of course everything tastes much better off his plate!

Ian loves baby Ririe. I love his expression here - shows exactly how sweet and happy he is.

Sand toys for the new sand box mama made for him!


1 comment:

Brianne said...

Happy birthday, Ian!!!