Thursday, September 18, 2014

a trip with my girl

Nyah and I got to go on our first girls trip in April! We hitched a ride with Mom and Dad to Canada for my cousin Connor's wedding and my grandpa's 90th birthday.  It was so special having all that one on one time with my sweet daughter.  The most interesting thing happened too... for the 4 days we were gone, she didn't cry, whine, or throw a single tantrum!! It was heaven to just be able to enjoy her darling and spunky personality without all the usual accompanying drama, ha!  It's amazing what some exclusive attention will do for a 4 year old!  The wedding was beautiful and it was such a treat for me to spend some time with my Canadian relatives. It's been too long since I have been able to make the trip up there.  Connor and his pretty bride are a lovely couple. I'm so happy for them!  And it was wonderful to see Grandpa and Grandma again. They both turned 90 this spring - what troopers! I love them both so much.
Road trip with my Nyah!

Uncle Jim, Nyah, Aunt Cindy

The birthday boy!

Paige, Ciana, me, Nyah

Dad treated Nyah to an icecream cone on our drive home - I think she liked it!

The whole gang at Grandpa's bday celebration.

The wedding dinner was beautiful and so fun!

My cousin Cole and his adorable Harper

Mom and Dad

Nyah with her second cousins - what darling kids!!

No comments: