Saturday, December 19, 2009

"tastes like chicken"

Gabe makes me laugh every single day but this time he took it to the next level... I was dying laughing! At dinner the other night we had a big green salad and Gabe had speared a fat piece of tomato on his fork. He asked me "what's that, Mommy?" and I told him it was a tomato (even though he knows what a tomato is and has been eating them his whole life!) So he pops it in his mouth and chews industriously while slowly moving his head back and forth like he is really tasting it... then he stops and says in the sweetest voice "it tastes like chicken, Mommy, tastes like chicken." Eric and I were shocked to hear that phrase come out of his mouth because even though it's a common joke to compare things to the taste of chicken, we never have! I have no idea where he came up with that one!
Then just now in the bath tub he was filling his mouth with bath water (bubbles and everything) and swishing it around - I told him (yet again) to spit it out and stop doing that because the bath water will make him sick if he drinks it. He pauses directly after swishing and spitting and says "mmm, tastes like chicken". It cracked me up again!! That little guy has the funniest personality!

6 comments:

Jodi said...

That is so funny Brittany! I love that kids come up with the funniest and most random things! Hope you guys are doing well in Seattle- looks like it :)

Unknown said...

I got your darling christmas card today! Such a cute family!! Thanks, I hope you guys have a very merry Christmas!!

Mindy said...

What a funny little guy! I chuckled through that whole post just imagining Gabe saying that. I can't wait for you to get here!

Marnie said...

That is so adorable! He is so much more verbal than Ava...aren't blogs a great way to remember those cute things that they say?

Erin said...

That is so cute! What a funny guy! Ben and I read this together. We love you guys!

Melanie Anne said...

The boys and I have all read this post and think it is so funny!! In fact, TJ was telling everyone about it in the car the other day. We all miss you so much!! Give that sweet little Gabe a kiss for us! XOXOXO