Sunday, July 14, 2013

graduation day

I think it is very funny and cute that they have graduation ceremonies for kindergarten!  It's actually very sweet because the first year of school IS a big stepping stone, especially emotionally and socially.  Gabe's class did a darling presentation of songs that they presented to the parents.  I loved it!  Gabe was in the front row and kept on his super serious face the entire time, even when they were singing the song "my aunt came back..." with all the accompanying hand/body motions that were so hilarious! :) He is my little stoic man.  When it came his turn to come up and accept his diploma and receive a handshake/hug/high-five (their choice), I watched his face harden by degrees until he looked carved from stone. He came forward stiffly and I saw his mouth crack enough to request a handshake (of course).  His teacher Mrs. Wolcott told me later that his hand was just soaking wet! Poor little guy is just so nervous in situations like that.  Luckily I got him singing all the songs to me at home on the video camera and he was smiling and laughing and so animated! Oh I love that boy.  Congrats big man!




1 comment:

Melanie Anne said...

oh what a sweet heart! I can not believe the is a kindergarten graduate!! Wow time flies:) I remember when he was born like yesterday:) xo