Saturday, December 14, 2013

turkey time

Turkey, pie, football, family.  Thanksgiving. This is one of my favorite holidays because the preparation is all food and when you have a bunch of people involved (which most Thanksgiving feasts do) then it's really not that much work. At least it wasn't for me this year!  I got to make the mashed potatoes and some scrumptious pies.  I just love how simple this holiday is because it tends to make it easier to really focus on the thankful part of the day and the real reason we celebrate.  It's funny because one day I was telling Gabe the story of why we have Thanksgiving and I started crying!! It cracks me up now, imagining him watching me bawl as I try to express to him my feelings about our country and how it was founded.  I just have such admiration, even love, for our pilgrim ancestors and the founders of our wonderful nation.  The entire thing from Columbus to the Revolutionary War to the establishment of our government was so obviously guided by God.  I firmly believe that.  I know things weren't perfect. People aren't.  But God works with what he has. And the really cool thing is that nothing, and no one, can stand in the way of God's purposes. Anyway, little tangent... I just love the holidays and love our country and love my family.  Here are the stars of the show this year:

Amy, me, Mindy, Mom... the cooks.

Everyone checking out the ads for Black Friday shopping!

Ian (who has never sucked on a binki) found Gage's and decided he is a big fan!

Nyah loves looking at books. Or hunting magazines it appears!
Guess who lost a tooth after dinner?! Isn't he adorable with that big gap!!

Gabe's Mayflower. It is a work of art. Three levels inside, deck with railing, flag and too many details to mention. Amazing what that kid can do with paper, scissors, and tape!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Baba, I loved your comments about God and country! You must be my daughter!!!!!!!!!! Dad