After missing out on the past 5 babies born in our family (and being "alone" - no offense Eric :) - for my own last 2 deliveries), I finally got to be involved again in the awesome experience of welcoming a new little spirit into our family! My little sis Mindy had a beautiful baby girl in early January and I had the privilege of being there for her delivery. I love childbirth. Call me weird but I just love it. It's one of the most intense and yet spiritual experiences we will have here on earth. When I was working, I genuinely loved witnessing the renewal of life through childbirth, strangers or not. But when it involves loved ones? It's a heart-in-your-throat moment that can't be described. Needless to say I was thrilled to be there for my sister and help her welcome her sweet little baby girl into the world! She is just a doll - a little dark-haired, chubby-cheeked, precious darling. I already love her so much! Congratulations Mindy and Griff!!
That's just 4 granddaughters for Grammy and Papa - so excited!
Oh I love the way you described being at a sister's childbirth. It is a heart-in-your-throat experience. It was a gift to have you there, Baba. I missed you so much when Colt was born. And I can't wait to be there when your next child is born. I love you so much, and I feel so grateful to have you near me again. You have been a blessing and a comfort! I love you. And I love that sweet, chubby baby of mine too. (:
Oh Such a beautiful post!! How I wish I was there with my sweet sisters! It meant the world to me to have my sisters there on my boys births. I love my sisters so much! You are the best!! LOVe these pictures!! What a beautiful sisters and nieces I have! xoxoxo
Mom to 3 of the best little kids and wife to one incredible man, I am blessed! This blog is where I share our big and small moments.
Our family in a nutshell: Gabe is a 6 yrs old lego fanatic. He is incredibly creative and sensitive - my little buddy. Nyah is our 3 yr old little sweetheart. She is generous with her smiles and loves and keeps us all on our toes with her fiery personality! Ian is our sweet and happy baby - 17 months old and greeting every person he sees with a sunny "HI!" and a wave of his chubby fist! Eric is a Market Director for JPMorgan Chase and the world's best family man. I get to stay home with our kids full-time...it is so much fun to be with my little ones all day. Someday I'll return to the NICU but for now I'm enjoying my time creating a happy, safe home for my family. Eric and I both love the outdoors, skiing/boarding, traveling, reading and most of all, playing with our kids.
Since my sisters and I all love to cook we decided to start our own cooking blog to make it easier to share recipes...The Sister's Cafe! It has been so fun to create together - my sisters are incredible people and fabulous cooks...so enjoy!
2 comments:
Oh I love the way you described being at a sister's childbirth. It is a heart-in-your-throat experience. It was a gift to have you there, Baba. I missed you so much when Colt was born. And I can't wait to be there when your next child is born. I love you so much, and I feel so grateful to have you near me again. You have been a blessing and a comfort! I love you. And I love that sweet, chubby baby of mine too. (:
Oh Such a beautiful post!! How I wish I was there with my sweet sisters! It meant the world to me to have my sisters there on my boys births. I love my sisters so much! You are the best!! LOVe these pictures!! What a beautiful sisters and nieces I have! xoxoxo
Post a Comment