Wednesday, July 16, 2008

CHAMPIONS!!

Our softball team went undefeated this season! Yahooooooo! Here we are with our super-cool monster trophy! :)Eric and I play on an adult coed softball league in SLC every year...it is a blast! The team pretty much consists of both of our families which makes it extra fun! My siblings Mindy, Griff and Matt (Amy opted out this year) play as well as Eric's sibs Caitlynn, Jesse, and Bryan...which makes up most of the team! Other players include close friends so it is so much fun. Eric and I both have been playing on the city leagues for years - even before we met. We both want to continue playing every year as long as we can. Last year I couldn't play since Gabe was born mid-season. (I actually went into labor on a game night so I think we forfeited since pretty much the whole team was at the hospital waiting for his arrival! We have the best family!) So anyway, I was excited to be playing this year again. Honestly, I'm nothing to brag about but Eric is another matter....he is our heavy hitter! When he hits it out (which is often), that ball is gone! All the guys are awesome hitters though... wow... and every single person is great in the field too... those other teams didn't stand a chance! Ha ha, I'm just kidding - we actually had a run for our money last week! :) We pulled through at the end though and it ended up being one of the funnest games since it was so intense. Matt gets nasty rash burns almost every game from sliding and Griff even dislocated his shoulder this season! Then waited, with it hanging there, for Mindy to bat so we wouldn't take an out!! Now that is dedication! (Although he deeply regretted that decision by the time they got the hospital and he was in such agony - what a guy, though!) Honestly, this is one of our favorite things to do and we look forward to it every spring. Now we are all ready for the super tournament in Magrath (Canada where my grandparents live) this summer - it's next week and we are all revved about it! In case your wondering about our team name...that was our manager Josh's doing (Eric's good friend) - he has a very unique sense of humor...:)Some shots of Eric and Matt in action... Our fans...:) They come every week to support us and are one of the reasons softball is so fun! I was bummed to realize I didn't have a picture of Eric's dad Don with his dog Max - they come to every game too!


TJ, Mom and Dad


Cheryl with the 2 babies Wesley and Gabe
Amy and Wesley (with Matt)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha Ha That was a fun season! I enjoy watching you all so much. You are all being good sports, laughing and having a blast! (of couse, alittle of that might be becasuse you guys were UNDEFEATED!!) I wish I could play a season with you guys in my prime!!. . . . . . think there will be softball in the next life?

Unknown said...

That looks super fun! I would love to play softball in an adult co-ed league, however I may not be very good since I haven't played since high school :) Anyway...congrats on being undeafeted! Hope you have fun on your vacation!!

Mindy said...

Your pictures are so cute, sis! I may have to get a few from you. Softball is so much fun, isn't it?! We are so happy with this fun tradition. Hopefully we play forever. :)

Erin said...

WAY TO GO! SERIOUSLY, I AM SO PROUD OF MY AWESOME FAMILY!!! I am just so excited right now! That is the coolest thing I have ever heard. You guys are so awesome! Wow, I'm so proud of you. What a cool fam I've got. I love how you mentioned that you guys took a forfeit when you went into labor because the team / your family all went to the hospital with you. That is so sweet. :) Wow, what fun. Congratulations!!!

Melanie Anne said...

What great memoires! I love that the family could all do this together! Next year I will have to get a copy of the schedule and get to the games! My boys had so much fun watching! Congrats--on being undefeated! That is quite the trophy! Love you guys!

Jodi said...

That is so cool! What a fun thing to do with all of your friends and family. Way to go on the championship. I didn't realize that was why you guys were going to be out of town this next week!

Brittany said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Armstrong said...

It is so fun to see what you have been up to this summer. Congrats on your soft ball wins! I miss seeing you at work. Gabe is getting so big. Let's plan a day to play!
Chanda

Amy said...

Congrats! I love playing coed softball! When we were first married, we were playing, I caught a ball, shattered the bones in my finger, and Aaron is in the outfield yelling at me to throw it home to get someone else out! Good memories! Have fun in Canada!