Monday, November 10, 2008

GABE IS WALKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah!! We are so excited - Eric and I are like little kids at Disneyland! Gabe has taken just a few shaky steps so far but nothing worth mentioning... until tonight! When Eric got home from work we decided to practice walking with Gabe (a regular but fruitless endeavor). He absolutely shocked us by all-of-a-sudden taking off! We were seriously freaking out! :) Tomorrow Gabe turns 18 months old... I guess he decided it would be too embarrassing not to walk by 18 months! Haha! He actually had his 18 month Dr appt last week and the Dr wanted him to visit a specialist to evaluate his "gross motor delay"... that obviously motivated him to show us all that he can walk, he just hasn't wanted to! What a big boy! We are so happy!!

And here is the Big Shot himself, showing off his new moves!!

19 comments:

Erin said...

THAAT WAS SO CUTE!! I can't believe he is totally walking, just like that! It's like one day he is still scooting and then the next day it looks like he has been walking for 6 months! He's such a pro! Ben, Eliza and I all enjoyed the movie. You sound so excited - it's so cute! I loved watching it. You and Eric were as much fun to watch as Gabe in the movie! :)

Mindy said...

Wahoo!!! Gabe did it! I'm excited to see in real life. When you sent out the text I thought it was a pregnancy announcement... shame on you. :) Haha... this is very exciting, too, though!

Amy said...

Matt and I just watched the post of Gabe walking!!! He didn't just take a few steps either! He walked all the way across the room! Way to go Gabe! I guess Eric was right all along:) That picture of Gabe hugging Nali is adorable!

Jodi said...

yeah! You gotta love kids who are on their own time table! I'm so excited that he is walking. He is so cute!

Linda said...

Those first steps are always SO exciting, even more so for the parents! Gabe looks so cute walking all over. You can tell he is so proud of himself by the huge smile on his face!!

Lynnell said...

Yeah! I'm excited for you all! Next thing you know he will be running and you will be running after him!

TJ said...

Brittany thats so awsome! I thot he would not stand.

hemming family said...

Gabe is so cute!! That is so exciting that he is walking. He looks like a pro at it.

kenzie said...

Thats so cool!! He looks like he has been walking for months. (I think he's been doing it when he's suppose to be napping behind your backs and just wanted to surprise you guys =) Just kidding) That is really cool. I love the video

The Lances... said...

Congrats, I know the feeling of delayed walking. I know it is a wonderful feeling to see they really CAN do it. Personality has so much to do with it. CONGRATS GABE!! Now he wont slow down - watch out :). Remember Eliza...21 months before she would walk --- no desire there really! It gets old when you have to haul them around everywhere, I'm so happy for you!

Trisha said...

How adorable!!! I am so excited for him, new adventures begin!

Isaac and Tallie said...

That is so exciting! I have been waiting for the post. I love the smile on his face. Now just wait til he starts climbing...hehe.

Lindsay said...

Awww, I don't want him to walk. I like watching him scoot around on his bum. I thin it's the cutest thing ever!!!

Jan S said...

Wow, he went from not walking to walking all over the place, turning and everything. We knew he had it in him! ha-ha COOL! I loved that little video.

Marnie said...

Yeah Gabe!! Ava also just started walking at 16 months...her Dr. had just put the referral in to the PT and she started walking that weekend. I have to admit that I will miss Gabe's alternate forms of getting around...he could catch some serious air!

Melanie Anne said...

Yeah hoo Gabers!!!!!! He is walking! That video is so cute! He is loving the freedom of walking where he wants to!! So fun! He will be running before you know it!

Armstrong said...

Yeah! That is so exciting! I don't think Dylan will ever crawl or walk until 18 months either. He turned nine months this week and just sits in one place to play. I guess time will tell. We need to get together and have another play date.

Team Box! said...

Yay!! We knew he could do it, he looks so cute! Get ready for lots of new adventures, you will be running now!!
We still need to plan a night to come over.

annie and jared said...

yay- that is awesome! he could do it all along, he just thought that scooting around on his bum looked more fun! ha ha. he is adorable. oh, and sorry i didn't make it to your bakeware party, i really wanted to come but i ended up working. let me know the next time you have one.