Saturday we went to the Seattle Aquarium which is built right out onto a pier in the Sound. It is amazing! We had so much fun we bought a year family pass. Actually the family plus pass which means we can take someone for free every time we go. Any takers?? We are planning on lots of friends and family coming with us over the next year! I thought it would be a fun thing to do during the rainy winter. It is just so fun to even be downtown and on the water front. Since we are forced to live away from family right now, at least we are in a great city!
Right when you walk in there is this huge wall of glass with about a million fish swimming behind it. Very cool.The tide pools had to be my favorite part. They were incredible! I tried to get Gabe to touch something but he would just say "NO WAY! NO WAY!" :) Oh well, hopefully he changes his mind eventually because it was so fun to touch the anemones, starfish, and sea cucumbers.Gabe LOVED the jelly fish. That is actually a loop that you can walk through. The jellyfish float around and around. It was pretty neat.
Eric and Gabe enthralled with the river otters. They were another favorite of mine. They would swim furiously around, pushing off rocks and glass as they turned, then would float on the surface and play. I could watch them and the sea otters all day! (Sea otters below)Gabe was pleased to finally find Nemo and Dory! When he saw Nemo he said matter of fact "There he is"! He knows them both by name and loves to point them out in any aquarium we come across (usually at Dr offices).Another absolute favorite for Gabe was the this fake Orca dorsal fin. In fact all the kids seemed to be drawn to this thing. Who would have thought a big plastic spike would get the little guys so excited?! Obviously the aquarium people are pretty in tune!
Sea lions arehuge!!
Aren't you all excited to come visit and see the Seattle Aquarium?!! :) We are ready for you!
That looks so fun! We went to the {Tennessee} Aquarium on Labor day too! It was very cool. Brad bought us a family pass too--he bought it before we even came out. He emailed the boys about it when he wasout here and we were still in Utah. Anyway, you got some great pictures!! Love you Britt!
Oh!! Your blog makes me miss Washington soooo much! I'm seriously coming to visit you someday!
Thanks for your comments on my blog...My neighbor and I are starting a healthy recipes blog called Green Shakes and Giggles, and I'm planning on posting the recipe to that Wowie Zowie dip first, so you will be able to get the recipe within a day or two!! Woo Hoo! I just barely saw your recipe blog - so fun!! Miss you and hope to see you soon!
Hi Baba, Loved the pics of the aquarium. When we ever get out there to visit, I would love to visit that place. It looks like Gabe just loved it. I laughed at him with that big plastic orca fin - I wonder what they see in it! You and Eric are sure making the most of your stay there. XO Miss you. PS I can't seem to use my account - very time I try to leave a message it doesn't work anymore! Mom
What a FUN PLACE!!! I really really really wish I could go right now with you! That is so funny that the kids like the plastic dorsal fin. Weird. :) The sea otters and the tidal pools were cool! Everything was neat. What a fun place to get to go to.
Mom to 3 of the best little kids and wife to one incredible man, I am blessed! This blog is where I share our big and small moments.
Our family in a nutshell: Gabe is a 6 yrs old lego fanatic. He is incredibly creative and sensitive - my little buddy. Nyah is our 3 yr old little sweetheart. She is generous with her smiles and loves and keeps us all on our toes with her fiery personality! Ian is our sweet and happy baby - 17 months old and greeting every person he sees with a sunny "HI!" and a wave of his chubby fist! Eric is a Market Director for JPMorgan Chase and the world's best family man. I get to stay home with our kids full-time...it is so much fun to be with my little ones all day. Someday I'll return to the NICU but for now I'm enjoying my time creating a happy, safe home for my family. Eric and I both love the outdoors, skiing/boarding, traveling, reading and most of all, playing with our kids.
Since my sisters and I all love to cook we decided to start our own cooking blog to make it easier to share recipes...The Sister's Cafe! It has been so fun to create together - my sisters are incredible people and fabulous cooks...so enjoy!
8 comments:
That looks so fun! We went to the {Tennessee} Aquarium on Labor day too! It was very cool. Brad bought us a family pass too--he bought it before we even came out. He emailed the boys about it when he wasout here and we were still in Utah. Anyway, you got some great pictures!! Love you Britt!
PS I love the picture of Eric and Gabe's reflection in the tank! And of you petting the starfish!
I feel like I'm getting to know Seattle just through your blog. It makes me want to come visit!
Oh!! Your blog makes me miss Washington soooo much! I'm seriously coming to visit you someday!
Thanks for your comments on my blog...My neighbor and I are starting a healthy recipes blog called Green Shakes and Giggles, and I'm planning on posting the recipe to that Wowie Zowie dip first, so you will be able to get the recipe within a day or two!! Woo Hoo! I just barely saw your recipe blog - so fun!! Miss you and hope to see you soon!
Hi Baba,
Loved the pics of the aquarium. When we ever get out there to visit, I would love to visit that place. It looks like Gabe just loved it. I laughed at him with that big plastic orca fin - I wonder what they see in it! You and Eric are sure making the most of your stay there. XO Miss you. PS I can't seem to use my account - very time I try to leave a message it doesn't work anymore!
Mom
The Seattle Aquarium is awesome isn't it? Do you like sea food? If so, you have to try out the Crab Pot, which is right next door to the aquarium.
Wow! You make it temping to visit you, honey!!! I loved the picture with the reflection too. I wish I could get in on some of Gabe's kisses!!!
Dad
What a FUN PLACE!!! I really really really wish I could go right now with you! That is so funny that the kids like the plastic dorsal fin. Weird. :) The sea otters and the tidal pools were cool! Everything was neat. What a fun place to get to go to.
Post a Comment