Wednesday, September 23, 2009

My sister fix...finally!

Mindy, Griff and Jack all came for a visit! I have been so excited to see my little sister...counting down the weeks, then the days. No joke. The Seattle area is exciting and beautiful but nevertheless I have been so very homesick. I miss my entire family to the point that it feels like this constant ache around my heart...and if I think about that ache it becomes a lump in my throat. I had no idea how hard it would be to leave Utah. I miss everything about my home, but most of all the people that I love. It's awful being parted from the ones that mean the most in your life. I know a lot of you know what I mean... I'm certainly not the only one out there that has moved away from home and had a hard time with it!

So before I really get into a crying jag I'll just move right along and tell you about all the FUN we had with Mindy and Griff while they were here! Eric and I have been so excited to show them our new beautiful city and give them a taste of Seattle. First we went to Pikes Market, of course, and then later that evening out to dinner at Elliott's. It was wonderful! The bustle of downtown, the smell of the ocean, the seafood, the boats...everything! We even got to see the sun set across the water which was amazing!

I'll post more later...I have to go rescue my child's brain from turning into a turnip from watching cartoons all morning while I blog!! :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Baba, its a "2-way" street about missing family and being abit homesick. There has to be a reason you are there. . . . if you have trouble with finding one . . .make one up and take advantage of the exp.

(Easier said than done???)

Dad

Kristen said...

That is sweet Brit! I would feel the same way. I am so glad that Mindy came to visit!!!

Melanie Anne said...

Oh Britt this looks so fun! It makes my heart hurt that I couldn't be there with you both! I miss my sisters soooo very much. The pictures are awesome! Seattle sounds really fun and beautiful. I can't wait until I can come out for a visit too! Love you so much!

Griffin Christensen said...

Oh, I love those pictures! I need copies! We forgot to do it while I was there. And Birttany, I miss you SO much. I didn't think I could possibly miss you more before I came to visit, but it has been so much worse since I left! I can't wait to see you at Thanksgiving. And you were the BEST hosts. We had so much fun with you in Seattle.

Erin said...

Oh, it sounds so nice to spend time with sisters. It looks like you guys made the most of it. I'm glad you had so much fun together. I wish I could see you more often. It's hard being away from home and family. You are doing a great job. I'm glad that we've been able to talk on the phone a lot lately. I'll call you on this very special Wednesday for sure. :) :)