There are a few things I want to catch up with on. They were too cute not to share...
XOXOXO from Utah
Mom and Dad sent us the cutest package for Valentines. It came at just the right time too - I was up to my eyeballs in packing for our move and more than a little overwhelmed. Well, this sweet box full of treats and family love made Gabe and I super happy! He was SOOOO excited about the Thomas the Train movie... and the suckers! Haha - what a cutie pie! Thank you Mom and Dad - we sure love you!!
Grandma Cheryl (Eric's mom) also sent us a package that just arrived today. Gabe was ecstatic to be getting more surprises! He loved the train James (he has a real obsession with trains right now) and was so absorbed that he didn't even ask to watch a movie all afternoon and evening. Wow! :) Thanks Cheryl!!
Mmmmmmmm!
(This was so funny, I had to document it with pictures and all on our blog!) My friend brought over a some treats one day and Gabe and I enjoyed one each -yum! Then we covered them up (after I explained to Gabe that they would dry out if we didn't) and left them on the counter. Well, we both went about our business of packing and playing... after a while I came back in the kitchen to find this:
...the remains of our large plate of treats on the counter, missing it's tin foil and with a chair pulled up next to the counter. Note that each piece that was left over has at least one bite out of it and some have all the frosting missing. Those with frosting that survived were suspiciously wet... perhaps from a little licking?! Gabe was innocently playing with his toys on the floor. Hmmmmm.... I just busted up laughing - I could not believe he could eat that much! Of course I tried to keep a straight face and ask him what happened to our goodies. Well, he ran over and climbed onto the chair and explained to me that they were "not dry anymore, Mommy - not dry anymore" (referring to my explanation of why they had needed to be covered). No, they definitely weren't!! That got me laughing again. It was so funny! He certainly got his quota of sugar for the week (perhaps month) in one sitting! :)
(Here he is testing the brownies, yet again, to make sure they are not dried out! haha!)




8 comments:
Haha, that Gabe. He says the funniest things! There is no way I would be able to contain myself when he was explaining that the brownies were "not dry anymore mommy"! I can totally picture him saying that. Man, you're life is pretty crazy right now! I'm so glad you're in your new home before our little niece arrives. It will be so nice to just come home after the hospital. March is going to be such an exciting month for our family. Oh and the potty thing. I somewhat feel your pain. Not that we're trying to potty train yet (I'm dreading that a little) but Wesley has had an obsession with being completely naked lately. Every time I go to check on him in bed, get him in the morning, etc. he has completely stripped himself and is asleep tucked in a little ball. It was funny at first until I ended up doing about 3 loads of laundry/day. Things are a little better now that I have cinched him in a very tight belt and put him to bed at night with his jammies on backwards! Can't these boys just potty train themselves:)
That made me laugh so hard! I can just imagine Gabe telling you that the treats were not dry anymore... seriously, slobber is much better than tin foil at keeping treats nice and moist. He is such a cutie. I'm glad you posted that. That will start my day on a good note (yes, I know it is almost 10am... but I have refused to do anything except get Jack ready and sit on the computer and catch up on blogs.) Love you, sis! I can't wait for Nyah to get here.
Congrats on the move in (where did you build). Aren't toddlers the greatest! We still miss our neighbors!
Good luck with your delivery in a month. I hope you're feeling well. Girls are great! You'll have fun.
-April
I miss you guys so much. I can't wait to see pictures of your new home and I can't believe you will have a new member of your family in a few weeks. I am anxiously awaiting announcements and pictures.
Hi Brittany! I love that Gabe ate all of those brownies (or at least parts of them), and then pretended that he didn't. I often wonder what goes on in the brain of a toddler.
I read a bunch of posts and am going to comment on all of them here :-).
My Eric turned 30 in September. Funny.
I love Stanley Park too. I grew up in Bellingham and we went up to Vancouver and the cities right by the border all of the time. Especially once we turned 16 and could drive ourselves. I'm glad you guys got to get up there. You should go up for the temple open house in April.
Bummer about the potty training. I'm sure there's just a lot going on for Gabe right now with the moving and his baby sister coming soon. He probably just needs some control over something and that's what he can control. He'll get it eventually, right?
I'm so excited that you're having a girl! Our little girls can be friends :-).
Let me know if you need any help moving in, getting ready for baby, watching Gabe, whatever! We're so glad to have you in the ward!
That is THE CUTEST THING i have ever heard! haha! He is so hilarious! I just think that is the so funny! How on earth did he do all that and not have a total sticky chocolatey mess on himself?? That is soooo funny - each one with a bite out of it or missing frosting. So funny!
I had a good laugh over that. I have lots of memories of my kids doing similar things. A plate of treats is WAY too tempting!
Post a Comment