Saturday, February 27, 2010

the home stretch!

I only have 4 weeks to go... yahoo! Here is my tummy at 36 weeks! (Why do I feel so monstrously huge when in pictures I only look big??) I wish I had some pictures of me pregnant with Gabe to compare. Oh well. I think I'm about the same although I weigh as much now as I did with Gabe at 41 weeks... uh oh! :) I am getting so excited to meet my little darling. I'm really getting into that baby mode where I imagine cuddling and kissing and nursing my new baby and her smell and the feel of her little body in my arms and all the wonderful things about having a newborn. It's great because up until now I've been more concerned about knowing that I'll have no sleep for months and juggling 2 children, etc. Haha! Nature sure has it's ways of getting us ready for these little ones. I even feel softer inside, emotionally - do you know what I mean? Anyway, the big day is getting close...there is a light at the end of the long, dark, pregnancy tunnel! I'm just kidding (kind of). I know I'll miss the feel of her inside me for a little bit but I'm getting more excited to have her on the outside!!

10 comments:

Jodi said...

I know you are miserable, but you are so darn cute. You are at such a hard stage but exciting one too. I am sure it is becoming so real that there will be a permanent little addition to your family soon. How exciting- I can't wait to see her!

Melanie Anne said...

Oh my --you look GREAT!!!!!! Seriously you are a beautiful darling pregnant Momma! I wish so much I was there to give you a pedicure and rub that sweet belly! I can;'t wait for the arrival of our little girl! This is so exciting! XOXO Love you so much!

Amy said...

You are a gorgeous pregnant lady.... you have a perfect belly, and that's the only place you've gained any weight! You look great! I remember feeling a little sad about not being able to feel Hadley inside, but it's so much better when they're out! Like you said, you get to hold and snuggle and smell and kiss that sweet baby! What a lucky little girl, she gets you for a mama!!!

Kristen said...

You look so great! What a wonderful picture of you pregnant. Soft inside... I like that description... The moments when all of the anxiety gets pushed aside and you are filled with peace and love and joy! What a wondrous gift motherhood is!!!

Erin said...

Yay! You are absolutely adorable!!!! I'm so happy that you posted a picture!
Seriously, you are beautiful and not 'monstrously huge' in the least. But isn't that so funny - because I always feel Ginormous and then I look at pictures and think "I must have been sucking in or something" :) Actually, I know if I took a picture of me right now I WOULD look ginormous. :) NONE of my maternity clothes cover me anymore. I don't even care - one or two more weeks left! Or maybe just a day - who knows??!
I love how you describe how excited you are to hold her and cuddle her. It's so true - I'm getting really excited to dress my little guy and hold him and rock him. It will be so fun to have him to cuddle with.... yay! :)

Lindsay said...

I'm so excited for you! The last 2 months are always my favorite part of being pregnant, weird I know. You look great!!! I can't believe you just moved and were trying to potty train while you're this pregnant. You should take advantage of these last 4 weeks and get your "pregnancy rest" :) because soon enough she'll be here!

The Wi Family said...

Brianne clued me in to your blog :) I'm so glad that you are in the ward now!! I'm excited to get to know you!!! Hope you can make it out to play group a few times before baby girl is born :) Your blog is so cute!! And I can't wait to raid the recipes on your food blog!!!

Mindy said...

You look beautiful, Baba! I am not just saying that. I think you look so cute in that picture. I wish I could see you in real life. I am so excited to meet my new little niece. It could really be any day now.... I can't wait!

Jan S said...

YOu look beautiful, honey. I am always so proud of you - and not just because you are lovely on the outside - you are stunning on the inside! :-) xoxoxox

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see your little girl! What an exciting time for you all. I think you look great. Treasure those sweet little moments (a little more difficult to come by the more kids you have:) with your tiny new baby. They are fleeting. Before you know it, both kids will be grown and doing stuff for themselves. They just grow too darn fast. Enjoy getting ready for your new addition. I hope all goes well for you and your family.