Wednesday, March 3, 2010

interior designer

I had to share this funny story with you guys...it will probably be funny mostly to all my girls out there! Last night when Eric got home I was proudly showing him how I had unpacked all the books and arranged them in the entertainment center - a daunting task that took over 2 hours! I had also unpacked all the small decorations and placed them on the mantle away from curious little fingers until I could find places for them. Well Eric saw the mantle and with wide eyes asked me if I was going to leave it like that!! I was like WHAT?!! I'm no interior decorator but did he really think I arranged it all like that?! I mean he has lived with me for almost 5 years! I didn't know whether to start laughing or get seriously offended! :) Luckily for Eric I have acquired a sense of humor and can laugh at his occasionally absurd assumptions! Goofy guy. So anyway, now you all know why I haven't posted pictures yet. The boxes are mostly gone but things are not put away completely yet so the house looks a little funny! I gave myself 3 weeks to get it together and that deadline is coming up this weekend... so hopefully I'll be ready by next week!
There on the chair is Gabe watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse (the reason I can blog right now)! Isn't he cute? :)
The fashionable mantle... doesn't it just look perfect?! :)

10 comments:

Brianne said...

That's hilarious!

Kristen said...

How fun to see your beautiful home!!! Now that you are done with the unpacking and decorating you can relax until your little darling comes!

Kristen said...

By the way, I forgot to mention that your mantle looks AMAZING! I think you should leave it like that... I love everything in one place JK! I knew you weren't finished and that you put those high up and away from Gabe. Eric's comment makes me laugh! Everything else looks so nice though. I bet you are happy to be in your home!!!

Melanie Anne said...

That is so funny! Eric--what a goof ball! I love your new home!!!! Your mantle is so pretty. oh and I love your front door pictured below. I can't wait to see more pictures--but so far it is a gorgeous house! I am so glad you are getting settled before your sweet little bundle arrives! Love you! And give that cute little Gabe a kiss from Aunt Melanie

Mindy said...

I love your house! I can't wait to see more pictures of it. Eric;s comment made me laugh, too. What a funny guy! I love you, sis!

Erin said...

That is very funny! :) Your home is absolutely BEAUTIFUL Brittany! I just love it! Everything is gorgeous. How exciting!

Jan S said...

This is the first pic I have seen of the interior! I am so excited to see the house. You DO have a knack for decorating so no wonder Eric was shocked, ha-ha! XOXOX

Kelly said...

I love the clock!

aubreyannie said...

that's pretty funny, brittany. but i have to say..most husbands wouldn't even give something like that a second glance. it is good that eric notices things like that. too funny!

My favorite (and only) brother Matt said...

That's hilarious Baba! I would have made the same mistake though! Your new home looks really nice and comfortable to. I like your style- it's how Amy and I would decorate to. Can't wait to see you guys this summer! Gabe and Wesley are going to have a blast fighting, scratching, hitting, serving time outs together, etc. Can't wait! :)

Love you sis!