Monday, March 15, 2010

"oh maaannn...."


I have discovered a little echo in my life... I had better really start watching what I say! Gabe has surprised me so many times with the things he says. A while back when he would drop something or a toy would fall over, etc, he would say "oh man" with a mildly annoyed look on his face. It was so funny! I never realized I said that so much! I'm starting to discover there are a lot of things I say out of habit without thinking. Lately he has begun "bossing" Daddy around with all the things I say to him(Gabe) all day. It is HILARIOUS!! For instance at dinner he is constantly reminding Eric: "it's hot, Daddy- blow on it, Daddy - don't eat it yet, it's hot!" or admonishing him to "be careful please" when Eric does just about anything! When we pray he folds his arms then politely asks "want to say it, Mommy/Daddy?". One evening he paused in the middle of dinner and asked me " how's it going? How's your dinner going?Is it good mommy?" He is so cute!! The best is when I mess something up he tells me "it's ok Mommy. Try again!" Or when he messes things up he tells both of us "it's ok. We'll fix it!" Oh my goodness, I could go on and on. He is downright adorable. I have one more partial conversation I have to share though. We were at dinner and Gabe was arguing with Eric that Eric was not a boy...

E: "I'm a boy too, Gabe"
G: "no you're not a boy, Daddy! you're a super man"(I don't even think Gabe knows about Superman)
E: "I'm a super man? Why am I a super man?" (Eric is loving this!)
G: "you run really fast!"
E: "Why else am I a super man?" (he just can't help fishing for more compliments!)
G: "eat your veggies, Daddy" (uh, obviously Eric has pushed it a little too far!!)

After that last comment of Gabe's, I was falling off my chair laughing... it was so funny!!!!!

4 comments:

Melanie Anne said...

Gabe is hilarious!! And so verbal--wow! What a fun little guy to have around! I can't wait to spend some time with him this summer! that will be so fun! We think Uncle Eric is a super guy too!! Tell Gabe we love him and miss him sooo much! XOXOXOXO

The Wi Family said...

What a cute boy and so funny!! I love what my girls say as well and totally see a replay of my parenting in Rachel as she "mother's" Jenna! Gotta love it!

Kristen said...

Gabe is so funny! It sounds like you are a super cute mom too. The things he copies that you say are nice. I love the Superman conversation! How are you feeling???

Mindy said...

What a cute little Gabe! I was laughing through reading that post, especially the super man conversation. Jack was playing by me and when he saw me laughing he started laughing too. It is SO cute how little boys mimick their mommies... even if it is just to laugh. :)I miss you so much, sis! I hope your ankle is feeling better today.