Anyway, he had a hard time falling asleep (was still moving around at 9:30pm) and got up originally to make a mess (maybe he thought he would be able to "clean up" and therefore prolong bedtime??) Well I foiled that plan, hee hee! When I came in to see what all the banging around was from, he eagerly got ready to clean up but I told him we would do it in the morning. I could tell he was disappointed, poor guy! But I certainly didn't want it to become a habit every night! As I tucked him in again and told him not to get up anymore, he told me he wanted his little bed...he didn't like his big bed. I felt so sorry for him! It really is a big change - probably hard to relax when things are so different. Even though he had the freedom to bring books and toys into bed (not allowed in the crib-which I have a good reason for, I'm not mean), he still was a little overwhelmed with it all. Poor sweetheart. It took a lot longer than usual but by 10pm he was asleep. I don't think he stayed in bed much before that but at least he never came out and never turned on the light. Eric and I were happily surprised! He didn't come in until 7am this morning and proudly told me "I get up, Mommy!! It's light outside!" He has never gotten out of his crib before so it was super cool to him that he could get up on his own. I just hope it doesn't give him any ideas in the middle of the night or, even worse, too early in the morning! :)
Here is a cute video of him in his new room - he loves his sports quilt! It is partially decorated -no blinds yet although they should be here today or tomorrow, thank goodness. I'm a little tired of living in a fishbowl!




4 comments:
Oh my goodness what a BIG boy!! Gabe is getting cuter and cuter by the day! I miss him so much. Give hime a hug and kiss from Aunt Melanie! And tell him good job for sleeping so good in his big bed--just like cousin Cannon!
I loved the video Britt! The big boy bed story was so funny. I could just see him saying that in the morning! He is such a good little guy! It was sure great to spend time with you all.
HE IS SO CUTE!!! I just loved the story about his first night in bed. :) I thought it was especially cute that you and Eric hovered by his door after tucking him in, hehe! :) I'm so glad he is adapting to the big change well. I sure love you guys!
That was such a cute post. Gabe is getting to be such a little man. I can't believe it! That video was so so so cute. I can just imagine him loving that bed and being so proud of himself for getting up on his own. I admit I am actually excited to see how he adjusts to having a little sister. I'll bet he will be so cute. He was always so good with Jack. Your having Nyah right now, and I am seriously on pins and needles waiting for news. I miss not being there so much!!! I am sure everything will go great though. I love you!
Post a Comment