Thursday, July 8, 2010

infected

my computer, not me. (whew!) But what a bummer. I have to wait every day for Eric to come home with his laptop to get on the internet. And I can't even download pictures anymore. How many times have I cursed computers - grrrr. Anyway, so no fun pics, just a little update...

Our 4 teensy eggs have hatched!! Now we have 4 largish (how did they ever fit in those eggs?), rather misshapen, bald chicks. Honestly, they are really strange looking at this stage with their big, black, covered eyes and scrawny little wings with just tiny patches of fuzz here and there. They should be downright ugly but of course they're not. They are too sweet and helpless - truly adorable. I just love their wide open beaks, always hopeful ... now that is what I call a good attitude! :) I have a super picture of them...

This week Eric's dad, brother Jesse and friend Rhett are all here for a Mariners vs. Yankees game (which they are at right at this moment). It has been fun to have a full house! Unfortunately they came right during a freakish heat wave. It went from weeks of cool days with highs in the low 70's to 95 degrees today!! Yikes. Not fun with humidity and no a/c. We are hanging in there though... with the help of lots of fans!

Speaking of the heat, we went to Coulon Beach this morning and had lots of fun building sand castles and hanging out in the cool shade. It was a beautiful day. Gabe was practicing for our beach vacation coming up in Oregon. We are so excited! It is going to be a blast to hang out with my family and see all the kids. Gabe is going to be in 7th heaven with Jack and Wesley to run around with! We can't wait...

So I may be gone for a while... hope you all are having a great summer!!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

When you get back, come with us to Henry Moses Aquatic center, so much fun!

Lindsay said...

Family vacations are the best! We just got back from Bear Lake with my family. Have fun at the beach. Can't wait to hear about it when you get back.

Jan S said...

I loved your description of the little bird babies. And since I have seen the pics, I can picture them even better. I love those fun little things that happen sometimes - like the bird who kept building her nest in our front door wreath and we all had to use the back door for a month - - - haha!