There was a time after Ian was born that I was afraid I had lost her. It seemed our spunky, sweet girl had morphed permanently into a pint-sized monster that was either whining or crying every waking moment. Thankfully it only lasted a few weeks and her natural personality resurfaced. We all heaved an enormous sigh of relief!! In fact I even composed a blog post in my head entitled "And she's BACK!" which I never actually finished... along with many other good intentions during that time period. (Having a newborn in the house tends to do that, which is ok!) I think Nyah's dramatic personality change wasn't all Ian's fault though. It was probably just as much due to how sick she was that first week. And without her mama to hold her through it all, she was probably a little traumatized, or at the very least, feeling the need to reestablish something between us that she may have felt was lost. That probably doesn't make sense to anyone else but me! But honestly I believe she felt I really dropped the ball on that one. Not that she didn't love every second she cuddled with Daddy (in fact they really bonded those few days) but still I wasn't there for her, poor girl. I was practically quarantined upstairs with baby Ian. Eric and I were afraid to expose our tiny newborn too much to the nastiest bug that had ever hit our family! Once her and Gabe were feeling better it didn't seem to matter how much love and attention and cuddles I lavished on her. She was one angry little person! But like I said her sweetness won out in the end and she returned to us. My goodness, we love our little Noodle so very much! What would life be like without her?! :)
Saturday, June 9, 2012
eatin' cheerios
Now you may think this post is entirely about Nyah eating cheerios... but no, to me it's about how this little girl can make even a mundane task like eating breakfast entertaining and fun. There is just no way to describe Nyah's personality. It's that BIG! She's a vivacious, coy, rambunctious, affectionate, happy little sweetheart. Not to mention a face that begs to be photographed in just about any expression. This morning we were eating Cheerios together (just the two of us, by the way, since Gabe and Eric are camping and Ian is sleeping) and the light was coming in the window on her beautiful face, lighting up her big blue eyes perfectly, and I couldn't resist taking out my camera and capturing the moment. I only wish I were a better photographer, oh well.
There was a time after Ian was born that I was afraid I had lost her. It seemed our spunky, sweet girl had morphed permanently into a pint-sized monster that was either whining or crying every waking moment. Thankfully it only lasted a few weeks and her natural personality resurfaced. We all heaved an enormous sigh of relief!! In fact I even composed a blog post in my head entitled "And she's BACK!" which I never actually finished... along with many other good intentions during that time period. (Having a newborn in the house tends to do that, which is ok!) I think Nyah's dramatic personality change wasn't all Ian's fault though. It was probably just as much due to how sick she was that first week. And without her mama to hold her through it all, she was probably a little traumatized, or at the very least, feeling the need to reestablish something between us that she may have felt was lost. That probably doesn't make sense to anyone else but me! But honestly I believe she felt I really dropped the ball on that one. Not that she didn't love every second she cuddled with Daddy (in fact they really bonded those few days) but still I wasn't there for her, poor girl. I was practically quarantined upstairs with baby Ian. Eric and I were afraid to expose our tiny newborn too much to the nastiest bug that had ever hit our family! Once her and Gabe were feeling better it didn't seem to matter how much love and attention and cuddles I lavished on her. She was one angry little person! But like I said her sweetness won out in the end and she returned to us. My goodness, we love our little Noodle so very much! What would life be like without her?! :)
There was a time after Ian was born that I was afraid I had lost her. It seemed our spunky, sweet girl had morphed permanently into a pint-sized monster that was either whining or crying every waking moment. Thankfully it only lasted a few weeks and her natural personality resurfaced. We all heaved an enormous sigh of relief!! In fact I even composed a blog post in my head entitled "And she's BACK!" which I never actually finished... along with many other good intentions during that time period. (Having a newborn in the house tends to do that, which is ok!) I think Nyah's dramatic personality change wasn't all Ian's fault though. It was probably just as much due to how sick she was that first week. And without her mama to hold her through it all, she was probably a little traumatized, or at the very least, feeling the need to reestablish something between us that she may have felt was lost. That probably doesn't make sense to anyone else but me! But honestly I believe she felt I really dropped the ball on that one. Not that she didn't love every second she cuddled with Daddy (in fact they really bonded those few days) but still I wasn't there for her, poor girl. I was practically quarantined upstairs with baby Ian. Eric and I were afraid to expose our tiny newborn too much to the nastiest bug that had ever hit our family! Once her and Gabe were feeling better it didn't seem to matter how much love and attention and cuddles I lavished on her. She was one angry little person! But like I said her sweetness won out in the end and she returned to us. My goodness, we love our little Noodle so very much! What would life be like without her?! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
I loved those pictures - she was so intent on that breakfast, I had to laugh! She is a beautiful little girl with those big blue eyes and brown hair (which you fix so cute, btw). I love her!
Great pictures, Brittany! I love it when people capture the every day stuff. :)
I love that you took pictures of this. There are so many moments that I wish I had pictures of. You've inspired me to at least try,but by the time I get the camera the moment is over most of hte time! Oh well, at least I'll catch some of them if I keep trying. :) Nyah's hair looks adorable. And I'm SO glad she is back! I'll bet she's grown up a bunch since Christmas. It'll be fun to see!
Post a Comment