Wednesday, June 13, 2012

a few of my favorite things: Ian @ 2 months

I love my noisy, noisy nurser! Ian really enjoys his meals... and everyone within 50 feet knows it! He squeaks with every inhale and purrs on the exhale.  So adorable!

I love his tiny hands and feet. I am enthralled with how tiny and yet how perfectly made they are.

I love how serious he is about food. Once he has my attention and I'm trying to get things ready to feed him, he stops crying but he makes the most miserably sad expressions and lets out little whimpers.  All the while his fists are waving and one little leg pumps up and down, up and down. It pulls at my heartstrings!

I love his dimply smiles! Ian smiles with his eyes as much as his mouth.  Those clear blue eyes transform even when the smile is a little one! He has all of us exclaiming in excitement whenever we get to see that burst of sunshine!

I love his first word... the sweetest "gooo" you have ever heard in your life! He tries so very hard to talk to us and when he does make a noise it's like he almost startles himself!

I love his intensity lately with nursing. He always starts off way too intense, chokes, sputters, cries a little, dive bombs for more, then settles down eventually (often with that sequence repeated several times, poor baby!)  But what I love is how often he pauses right in the middle of a night feeding, smacks his lips a few times, snuggles down, and closes his eyes as if to say "I'll just take a quick nap now, thank you".  Um, I don't think so, pal - it's 2 a.m.! When he was a newborn there was nothing I could do about these 2 minutes nappies mid-meal but now I'm able to keep him on task! It still makes me laugh every time though.


I love his fat little arms.  Especially the deep creases in his wrist and forearm. He has chunky little leggies too, with fat roll upon fat roll! We all love it!

I love his fat lip he pokes out when he's hungry! The corners of his mouth deepen into a big frown, his chin starts to quiver, and that fat little lip pops out. He just barely started doing that at 2 months old and I have to confess I love it!  His face is just so sad... I probably shouldn't love it but I do! It's so so so cute!

I love how active he has become. It's like he is emerging from the sleepy newborn phase to realize he has limbs and they are really fun to swing around!  He wiggles like a little worm during and after each diaper change and the big kids and I laugh at how funny he is waving his arms and kicking his legs!

5 comments:

Brianne said...

What a sweetheart! He is so adorable!

Li said...

He is such a cutie. Love those smiley pics. :)

Mindy said...

I loved this post! You captured everything so well that I could perfectly imagine him. I can't wait to meet Ian this week!

Erik & Marcie +3 said...

Oh I love this post! You are so great at putting things into words. So sweet!

Kristen said...

I just got caught up on your blog! How fun! I love your sweet family. Your kids are so cute. Ian is pulling at my heart strings as well!