Thursday, November 15, 2012

Sweet Sister Time

The title says it all... my sweet big sis Mel was here for an extra long weekend and I had the time of my life! She is the mother of 5 busy boys and when you take into consideration that we live in opposite corners of the country, we have not had quality one on one time for years.  Even when our families are together it is insanely busy and distracting with all the kids and activities; fun but crazy!  So what a treat to have her all to myself at my house. :)  We took her around to all the usual sights in Seattle, went hiking, on drives, out to eat, and lots of hanging out time at home. I can't begin to say how much fun I had! Life was so easy with her too... her mothering instincts are finely honed and she anticipated who needed attention and what needed to be done constantly.  I literally just got to talk and talk to her without missing a beat - she was feeding Ian while I was cooking, or she was unloading the dishwasher while I was setting the table. It was amazing having two mom's around! Well I could go on and on about how blissful it was but I'll just say having her stay with me was an experience I won't soon forget. I am so blessed to have such a warm, intelligent, faithful, positive, and creative sister. Wow.  I love her with all my heart and can't wait for another one of these mini-vacations! I've decided I can't live without them from now on!

Lunch at Pike Place Chowder... delicious!!
Ian snacking on Mel's purse!
 
Nyah making friends with a street musicians little dog
bubble gum alley






Bye Mel! We love you!!


3 comments:

Jan S said...

Oh, that looks like so much fun! What a treat to have that time together. You are beautiful girls.

Mindy said...

That looked like SO much fun. Mel is the best sister to go visit you like that. I can't wait until it is my turn to visit someone. It looks perfect. I can imagine how fun it would be to have a sister all to yourself, too. It really would be like having two moms. The pictures are adorable! Nyah looks so stylish and cute in that picture with the dog. Man, we are all jealous that Erin and you get little girls to dress. (:

Melanie Anne said...

Oh Britt--I just read this and it made me get a little teary eyed!! I came home soon found myself dealing with Bridger's heart troubles and never saw this until now. Thank you for writing such kind words and seeing the best in me. You are a treasure! I had such a wonderful time. I honestly felt like that time with you and your darling family was a heaven sent gift to fill me up before such a stressful horrible event took place in my life. Thank you for being such a loving sweet sister! I love you! xo