Trick or Treat!! Man, I love Halloween! It's so fun to get all dressed up, walk around the neighborhood seeing everyone's fun decorations and costumes, eating wonderfully gross food, carving pumpkins... the list goes on. We have so much fun with Halloween at our house, probably because my mom always made it so fun for me growing up. Now I get to create the great memories for my own family! Here is our cute witch princess, our fearless fireman, and funny little Chewbacca.
Gabe is finally really getting into Halloween. In the past he has enjoyed it but with a large dose of apprehension for all the "scariness". This year he giggles and says it's really cool when something is a little scary to him. :) {Nyah's not quite there yet (she hasn't even warmed up to Mr. Bones) but it's really good for her to see her big brother having fun and being brave! Needless to say our scariest decorations consist of black paper rat silhouettes along the baseboards and spider webs over the front door!} This year at the ward Halloween carnival the fog machine in the spook alley set off the fire alarm... so we had a visit from the fire department during our trunk or treat - very exciting! Definitely put a positive spin on us running around in the pouring rain trying to trick or treat while the fire alarm was shrieking! :) Gabe got in a picture with a real fireman which was super cool! But this is the best picture of our handsome hero:
I think Nyah enjoyed trick or treating but she absolutely insisted we push her in the stroller from doorstep to doorstep. And don't try moving the stroller an inch before she returns from the door or she screams and hollers like we are leaving her behind. Eric calls her a little diva... which I have to agree with! She was actually really brave too even at some of the scarier doorsteps. One had a huge spider that jumped up to scare people and she screamed the most ear piercing scream and then ran back to me like the devil was chasing her. (It didn't help that Gabe was behind her screaming in excitement!) At another door there was a hooded man whose skeleton face lit up and he started to talk when you got near. He was holding the candy bowl so it was really a challenge for little kids to work up the guts to snatch a candy bar. With the fog machine going, it was pretty dang scary! Gabe wouldn't go near it but Nyah went with Daddy and when he told her to say hi she said the sweetest little "hi" to the ghoulish character, my heart melted. It was so cute. After about an hour she climbed in the stroller and declared "All done! I go home!" We went home and she happily went straight to bed. That girl knows what she wants!
Ian is a such a sweet little trooper. He smiled for the pictures, chewed
happily on his stroller rain cover while we went trick or treating, and
went to bed late without a problem. What a gem! (I have the exact same pictures of Gabe in the same costume in the same poses that I really want to compare but I can't find them on my computer... coming up soon!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




6 comments:
Looks like fun! I LOVE Ian's costume! Very cute
oh my goodness!!! I am so haopy that I will be seeing those darling kiddos in a couple of hours!! YEAH!!! This post was so fun! What a great Halloween you had:)
xoxo
They're so cute!! :) Love the pic of Ian on the couch with the pumpkins!
So cute Britt! Oh my goodness, that Chewbaca (sp?) costume is hilarious!! And I love Nyah's spunk. She just knows what she wants and how to get it! :) I bet the fireman LOVED that Gabe was dressed as a fireman. How fun that he got to see them in action!
What fun little trick or treaters! I wish I could have been there.XOXO
I havent checked blogs since Ruby was born so I'm behind. SUCH a cute halloween! I just love Ian's costume; he is simply perfection! They all look like they had a great time.
Post a Comment