Thursday, October 18, 2012

34 going on 70

Gabe came home from kindergarten today with a smiley sticker on his hand for being quiet and attentive during class.  What a good boy! He was pretty proud of it and later offered to give me one as well. Of course I said I would love one, so he peeled a smiley sticker off an old homework assignment and graciously brought it to me.  That's when he informed me that he had added a bunch of lines across the forehead like I have in my skin up there, he said. Well I was laughing out loud at this point and he had that pleased yet slightly confused expression like he doesn't know exactly what he did to make me laugh!  Oh my goodness that kid makes me laugh every day!  But I have to admit I was a little surprised to know that he had noticed a bunch of wrinkles on my forehead... good grief, seriously?!


5 comments:

Brianne said...

That's hilarious. FYI... You don't have any wrinkles!

Grandma Cheryl said...

I loved that story! It made me laugh out loud,I could just picture him right then! I just love your stories of everyday life Britt. It helps make the distance a bit more bearable. KEEP THEM COMING..

Li said...

This is SO funny! For what it's worth, I've never seen any wrinkles on you. ;)

Jan S said...

Oh, that just made me laugh out loud. It reminded me how you always erased the top of Dad's head on your pictures to indicate he was bald - so funny!

Melanie Anne said...

Ok That just make me laugh out loud--and i am still giggling--HILARIOUS!! Geez--if he thinks you have wrinkles then he must see an old geezer when he sees me:)