Sunday, October 21, 2012

things to remember

For the past several weeks, maybe longer, there has been a list of things running through my mind that has been nagging me to write down. Funny or cute little things that I don't want to forget about my 3 kids.  I was just about to go jot them down and figured I may as well do it here on the blog.

I'll start with Ian. My baby is now 6 months and here is a snapshot of his life:
*For several months now, whenever I'm changing his diaper up on the changing table, he grabs my sleeve and laughs and laughs as my arm moves around wiping his bum or doing up his clothes.  It's like he thinks it's a game we are playing! It is soooooo adorable!
*His front two teeth are coming in.(He already has his bottom 2) A little too soon if you ask me...!
*There has never, and I mean never, been such a sweet, calm, easy baby.  We are so blessed!  He may be happy to just watch and wait for his turn but he is always ready for some attention and a smile will just bloom across his face when you talk to him.
*Having said that, he has just barely developed some lungs!  It is extremely rare that he cries but when he does, you better watch out because he is MAD!!  The only times this has happened is if he is super tired or hungry and we have put him off too long. I've learned my lesson that this sweetheart has a limit! :)
*Ian loves his big sister and brother so much.  No matter what, they are who he will watch.  Eric and I could be dancing a jig and he would still be craning his neck to see them. (And they think he is absolutely the best and have always been super sweet and positive to him.)
*He giggles when I sing to him. Not sure how I feel about that one! ;)
*Every night when I'm getting him in his pj's he squirms like crazy, kicking and flailing his arms and just laughing over anything. Of course Eric and I can't help but tickle him by kissing his tummy, sides, and neck.  I swear he either anticipates us tickling him or wants us to so much he can't help but laugh even before we start! 
*He is loving his jumperoo lately and at times will frantically jump around in it while screeching and hollering.
*He is our first baby to love sleeping on his tummy... and sucking his thumb! Uh oh... but I still can't help but think it is the sweetest and cutest little habit in the world.  He is so precious!
*When he is tired and we are late getting him home for a nap, he will suck his thumb very loudly, with a "nmyum, nmyum, nmyum".  For some reason I just LOVE it!

Well that felt good to write all that down about him! Life is busier with 3 and I feel like I don't have the time to capture in writing all the things that I treasure about him every day.  Today Eric came down the stairs with Ian in his arms after just getting him up from his nap and I was overwhelmed with the feeling of love and gratitude for this sweet boy.  It hit me that it is such a blessing to have a baby in our home. They are so pure and innocent, so sweet and soft.  Nothing could be closer to God than a little baby. What an honor to have that time and opportunity to have them bless our home. Every moment should be treasured.  I hope I appreciate it enough. I don't want to look back and have any regrets.
I cannot get a picture of Ian sucking his thumb... this time I tried sneaking up but he saw me and popped up smiling! This was the picture I got instead. :)

Gotta go but the rest about Nyah and Gabe will be coming soon....

4 comments:

Mindy said...

What a sweetheart! Reading that post made me wish for Christmas to come soon. I am excited to get to know this little angel better.

Erik & Marcie +3 said...

So sweet! I love those chubby cheeks! He really is such a sweet baby! Love when their little personalities come out in full force. :) You are an amazing mom by the way and seem to be able to do it all! You are such a great example to me!

Jan S said...

I loved reading all those sweet things. We really wish we lived closer so we could enjoy that little guy! What a sweetie.

Melanie Anne said...

oh what a little sweetheart Ian is! I really felt that while I was there. He has a very sweet spirit about him. He is darling little guy. I miss him so much--and all of you of course:)