Utah really does have the best snow on earth. Love it! We went
snowboarding one day with Mindy and Griff and Matt and Amy over
Christmas break. What a perfect day. Soft, powdery snow, clear
visibility, great temperatures, awesome company, my favorite resort...
conditions couldn't have been better! It was astonishingly beautiful
too. The trees were adorned with several inches of fresh snow, even the
tiniest branches were stacked with it. When the sun broke out of the
clouds after lunch, it was magical. It transformed the mountain into a
glittering wonderland. The slopes sparkled like they were dusted in
crushed diamonds, even the air was full of drifting fragments of ice
crystals that reflected the sun like tiny pieces of glitter. All framed
by stark white mountain slopes and a bright blue sky. It was
breathtaking. I was so distracted at this point in the day that I may
have had more enjoyment just staring around me than snowboarding! I knew
my iphone pictures wouldn't do it justice but I couldn't help snapping
away anyway! It was so fun for me to spend the day with a few of
favorite people in the world. My siblings and their spouses are
genuinely so fun to be with. I miss them!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








5 comments:
Having grown up by mt. hood, the "best ski on earth" license plates from Utah always seemed kind of pretentious to me. At hood you can ski year round! And I always had an awesome time. Then I moved to Utah and I realized what they were boasting about on their plates. No where will ever compare to Utah snow! I'm glad you had a great time, I miss skiing and snowboarding so much and your post made me decide to make it a priority for next season.
Baba, I love how you described the mountain scenery and conditions! You really have a knack for that. Having been around that kind of stuff I lived it with you. We must be related!!! Dad
AWESOME!! That looks so fun!! You and Eric are still so cute together!!
That was such a great post - you described it perfectly! Matt came home shaking his head and said, "Brittany is REALLY a great snowboarder!" I am glad you all got to go - fun times!
You got some great pictures! And you described it perfectly. The air really did look sparkly with all the bits of snow in the air. It was so beautiful! And SO good to go riding with my favorite snowboarding buddy.
Post a Comment