Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone! Yesterday was so fun, I couldn't wait to post about it. We love St Patty's day around here... even those mischievous leprechauns are welcome at our house! I woke up Sunday morning to hear Gabe and Nyah running around downstairs exclaiming in excitement over all the clues our sneaky little friends left us during the night. It was so fun to hear their excitement, enough to even get me out of bed at 6:30am! ;) It was seriously like Christmas morning. I just love having little kids in our family. They make everything so exciting and fun!
 |
| Little green footprints told us that they rifled through our St. Patrick's games and jokes.... |
 |
| this trail led right to Denali's bed... |
 |
| they tied a green ribbon around her neck!! Now Denali won't get pinched! |
 |
| And most shocking...they used our potty!!! |
The leprechauns always leave chocolate gold coins for the kids to find too... and they loved it as usual! It was really cute because Gabe left everything exactly the way it was so Daddy could see it. (It was Eric's day to sleep in) Before getting in our green church clothes, we played games for awhile - hiding shamrocks for prizes and playing a St. Patty's matching game. Over breakfast (with Irish scones of course) Gabe declared it to be the best St. Patrick's Day ever! :)
*I have to add that Gabe told me immediately that the footprints were paint and wondered why they would dip their feet in paint...? At one point he asked me "are you sure you didn't do this Mom?" which I ignored as I was talking to Nyah luckily. :) He let it go and his doubts certainly didn't diminish his excitement that morning. But geez, nothing gets by that kid!!
4 comments:
You're so fun!
You are so fun! We did green pancakes and spinach eggs for breakfast. We do the drop of green food coloring in the cups that turns your milk/juice green when you pour it. That was one of my favorite things. Jack thought that was AWESOME. I am totally copying your idea of leprachaun mischief for next year though... so cute! We hide gold coins too, and my kids LOVE it. What kind of paint did you use? And that is so funny about Gabe thinking a little too deeply. Dang it! You are such a fun Mom.
What a fun mom you are Britt. I am so grateful to have such a wonderful mother to my grandkids! You make every holiday so fun.
I loved the fun things you did for St. Patrick's Day. You are a fun Mommmy! I don't know why I didn't comment earlier - I peek at the blog often but sometimes don't have time to comment. I LOVE that you keep us all up to date on your life. It makes it less difficult (a little) to be so far away.
XOXOXOX Mom
Post a Comment