Our pretty princess turned 3 on Saturday... I can barely believe it. She continues to be a fireball of energy and spunk. When I think of Nyah I think of her sweet smiles where she cocks her head to the side and tilts it a bit - a very coy look, haha! I also think of her endless, sweet chatter and questions, questions, questions! I think of how she is so happy she will randomly let out a shriek of happiness while she plays- especially when in the shower or bath. (It is ear piercing in the bathroom though and I have to constantly remind her to use a quiet voice, to which she immediately whispers "Like this, Mama? Like this?" but within 10 seconds she is back to yelling!) I think of how she adores her brothers and will mimic everything Gabe does right down to how he holds his sandwich while he eats. And how she lovingly mauls Ian constantly. I think of how affectionate she is and will just wiggle and squirm with joy when she climbs into bed with us to cuddle. I think of how she loves to "go" anywhere really... the park, store, for a walk, outside to wash cars, whatever. For the past year at least, whenever she sees anyone getting their shoes/coat on, she starts loudly saying "I GO?! I GO?! Coat! SHOES! I GO!" She does not like to be left behind, ever. I think of how she makes me pretend food and wants to sit down and pretend-eat every last bite with me. I think of her sweet voice and all the cute little ways she says her words. I think of the soft way she says "I yuv you MaMa." My heart just melts thinking about my beautiful daughter. I have a lump in my throat when I think about how much I love her, what a precious little soul she is, and how much happiness and laughter she brings into our family.
For her birthday we went and saw the fishies, as she likes to say! In other words we went to the Seattle Aquarium. It was a beautiful, sunny day to be downtown. Here we are at the tidepools:
After the tide pools the kids go their faces painted. As soon as they were done, Nyah took off like a shot into a dark corridor where there are lots of aquariums.... I followed her to find that she had forced herself right to the front and was happily watching the fishies. See her between the lady in the red coat and the lady in the white coat? That girl isn't afraid to go for what she wants!
| Of all the cool things to see at the aquarium, I think the kids love this old flannel board with cut out sea life to play with the most. We had to drag them away! |
| The sunshine felt so good, we lingered on the boardwalk for awhile before heading home. The kids love this statue of underwater treasure. |
When we got home we opened presents! Nyah got a new kitchen with lots of wooden food and pots/pans, etc to play with. She loved it! (So did Gabe... oh my, he was ecstatic!) :)
| Gabe made a present for his little sis... a coconut tree! It was so cute and creative. He attached some fruit snacks to the bottom too. :) |
| Grammy and Papa gave Nyah a chest full of gorgeous dress ups! Here she is decked out in Cinderella gown, heels, sunglasses, necklaces, bracelets and rings! |





3 comments:
So cute! I can't believe she is 3! You are such a cute Mama!
Baba. Great blog!! ...brought a tear to my eye!! I could 'feel' your love for Nyah. It brought back alot of memories...you're getting a glimpse of what it was like raising "4" little girls!!!
Thanks, honey. Dad
I LOVED that picture of her with the cake (which, by the way, is darling!). It looks like she had a great birthday. Can you believe she is 3 already?
I love how you right about your kids, Baba. You express so much love and appreciation for them. They are lucky to have such a great mom (and Dad - Eric is wonderful too).
I loved the palm tree from Gabe. He is seriously the most creative little boy I have ever seen!
Post a Comment