Monday, March 11, 2013

Potty training superstar!

Nyah in her Aurora panties... hanging out with mommy today!
 
Yesterday I was in the office going over my lesson for church when I heard Nyah yell "IT'S COMING, IT'S COMING!!" from the bathroom... I go in there to find her on the toilet seat going poop!!!!! She had taken off her pjs and diaper all by herself too.  I was incredulous!  When I potty trained Gabe, the hardest part was getting him to go #2 on the potty.  (He held it for 5 days initially then went in his underwear for weeks.)  And this little whippersnapper took matters into her own hands and taught herself!  Well she will be 3 in a few weeks and has been begging to go peepee on the potty for the past month.  Obviously I've been putting it off for a bit too long.  So this morning we made it official and broke out the princess panties Santa gave her.  She had ZERO accidents all morning, going #1 and #2 on the potty, until we had to pick up Gabe at the bus stop at noon.  I think putting on pants and shoes and all made her forget and she did have an accident. I am totally not complaining though... she has done amazing. I have to pinch myself to see if this is real! :)  I'm really hoping it lasts. She is napping now - in panties - so we will see how it goes.  By the way, I decided since she seemed so ready, to go all out and "throw away" the diapers and go cold turkey... let's see how the sleep time goes.

Reading books on a convenient "boat" mommy made for obvious reasons!
She wants to do everything herself, of course.

2 comments:

Brianne said...

Yea, Nyah!

Mindy said...

That is so awesome!! I HATED potty training. Nyah is such a champ. And I love all those pictures of her. What a good girl! She is seriously so cute. Thanks for face timing us about it yesterday.