Since we live far from family, I have really enjoyed throwing a big friend party for Gabe's birthday every year. Every year he has picked the theme... and this year he wanted a Bird Party! So the week leading up to his birthday, we created 3-D birds to hang from the ceiling, cut out and colored jungle trees to tape on the walls, and discussed bird crafts we could make. The night before we were blowing up balloons, frosting the cake, hanging up green streamers so it would look like a forest, and cutting up supplies to make feathery bird masks. And Gabe helped with almost all of it. It was almost as fun preparing as it was enjoying the party! Gabe had 8 of his buddies from school and church come so we had a full house... I was thankful that Cheryl and Don were here. Having a few extra adults helped keep the chaos to a minimum! The kids had fun making their masks as well as peanut butter and bird seed feeders but I think the most fun was to be had when Eric took them all outside and had them run races! They did the crab crawl, the bear crawl, the buddy run (arm around each other), the leap frog, the wheelbarrow race, as well as a good ole sprint. It was so cute! Here are some of my favorite pictures of the day.




 |
| Gabe's quail mask! I love it!! |
 |
| Ian posing at the entrance of the bird forest! |
 |
| So many creative bird masks! |
 |
| probably my favorite pic of the races. Look at all those excited faces! |
 |
| Bear crawl |
 |
| The crab crawl... Nyah doesn't quite grasp what to do but that doesn't stop her from jumping in and having fun! :) |
 |
| Leap-frog... now this was funny to watch!! |
 |
| Opening presents - they started in the middle of the room but all those excited boys crowding closer and closer slowly pushed Gabe right into the entertainment center! |
 |
| Funfetti cake with a big 6 on top! |
Woohoo for turning 6!!!! We love you bigger than the sky, Gabe!
5 comments:
It looks like a great party! That's so fun that Gabe was able to help with the decorations.
I love that you are such a fun mom making memories!
Looks like fun!! I know Asher had a blast! Such a creative theme, too... I love it!
Oh wow Britt what a fantatic party!! You are such a creative Momma!! Happy Birthday sweet Gabe!! We love you so much:) Goodness that is a lot of exclamation marks..ha ha!!! xoxoxo
That party looked like a blast... and SO cute! Seriously, your decorations were adorable. It is obvious where Gabe's creative streak comes from. (: The races looked like a blast and so simple too. I wish we could do things like that...winter birthdays. Blah. I sure love Gabe... and I just remembered his birthday present is downstairs. I have to give it to him before you guys leave!
Post a Comment