Saturday, April 19, 2008

one WILD afternoon!

Yesterday was Gabe's first time at the zoo! We went with Melanie and her 5 boys...what a troop we made! Luckily Mel has a double stroller which Gabe got to ride in like a big boy with his cousin Bridger. One more stroller with little Cannon and 3 boys running around completed the picture! It was a perfect day - warm and cloudy...we had a blast!! Gabe really enjoyed it too - he was craning his neck around to see some of the animals, especially the leopard behind the glass...it was pacing back and forth right in front of us. Cool! I love the zoo - particulary the elephants. They have to be the most fascinating animal with those enormous bodies and long, funny trunks. It wasn't quite the same as seeing them wild in Africa but someday we'll give Gabe that adventure I hope. For now, the zoo is as wild as we get! Can't wait to go again with Eric soon. Here are some of the best pictures...


Not the best picture of the elephants...oh well!





Look at the baby giraffe - it was so cute!!






Here we are on the train - yahoo! :) I never noticed how tiny those benches are...definitely made for little people!

9 comments:

Jodi said...

This makes me want to go to the zoo! You should have called me :) I really am itching to get there.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I am glad that you "found" me! Do you work anytime soon? I haven't seen you forever. We should all get together sometime soon!

Amy said...

How fun to go with all those boys! Love the pics, I bet Gabe just loved all the animals - but not as cool as his buddy Nali!

Anonymous said...

Way to cute! Love seeing new pictures.

Melanie Anne said...

That was really fun!! Your pictures are great! Love you!

Mindy said...

I love the zoo! I loved how mom and dad had a season pass there for us every summer. The elephants are definitely one of my favorites, too. Looks like you guys had fun. Next time I want to go.

Anonymous said...

YOu are such good little Mommies! I know Melanie loved going with you, Baba. You are a good sister. I doubt she would have wanted to tackle that outing without you! :-)
What a fun day!
Love, Mom S.

annie and jared said...

brittany! i love that you have a blog, i linked to it from nanci's blog. gabe is getting so big, he is soooooo adorable! hopefully we will work together sometime, but seeing how neither of us are ever there (especially you), the chances are slim! we should have a play date sometime. my blog is anniejaredplusbaby.blogspot.com

Erin said...

That looks SO FUN!! Lots and lots of boys. :) I'm glad you guys were able to do that. Good for you! Making some great memories.