Farm Country at Thanksgiving Point Why haven't I ever been here before?! It was a blast... and Gabe LOVED the pony ride (despite the pained expression in the picture)! 
Tuesday, June 16, 2009
Erin for a visit!
My little sister Erin and her little Ben and Eliza came to Utah for almost 2 weeks! She actually had plans to come in July but switched it around so that I would be here for her visit. I was so happy to be able to spend so much time with them. Erin lives in Detroit so we don't get to spend much time together! To make the most of it we packed these past weeks full of fun activities... here is a sampling of the good times:
Family dinner for Mel's birthday We had a few big family dinners of course but this one was special since we got to celebrate Melanie! 



a rainy day at the Hogle Zoo The rain actually made the day more exciting! :) It was nice and cool and the animals were all prowling around too. It was a wonderful day!





Tracy Aviary Eric and I used to come to Liberty Park all the time to rollerblade or play frisbee when we lived close by but for some crazy reason we never went to the aviary. We were definitely missing out - it is a great place! One of my favorite moments was when all of a sudden Wesley took off running full steam at a peacock with Amy running after him yelling "Wesley, stop! stop! stop! Is that real?! STOP!!" It was hilarious and so Wesley! Ben ended up taking Wesley and Gabe's hands as they followed the peacock at a safer distance - so cute!


Obviously we weren't the only ones enjoying the exhibits (heehee) - that gorgeous peacock looked enthralled!
Gabe and Wesley were best buds, as usual. Amy and I loved watching them! (Gabe is going to miss Wesley and Cannon so much - it breaks my heart to separate them.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
Great pictures, Baba! It was so fun to have Erin here and do all those fun things together. It is funny how I finally go do fun things in my own town when people come to visit! That prowling tiger was awesome at the zoo, and I loved the peacock at Tracy Aviary. All the little kids were so cute... and I am going to miss little Gabe like crazy when you guys leave. :)
How fun. You have such a beautiful family! I love action packed weeks. Its sounds like yours was perfect! Gabe is adorable. I love the picture of him on the pony.
The farm and the aviary are two of our favorite places ever! What a fun, kid friendly visit with your sister. You guys all look so much alike!
What GREAT PICTURES! Seriously, so cute. I haven't checked out my pictures yet, but now I can't wait. It was such a WONDERFUL trip. THANK YOU for putting life on hold so that we could spend so much time together. I love you, sis!
Post a Comment