Then for the fireworks... we went to Bellevue where they do a huge show. It was awesome! The night was perfect too - no clouds to screw things up. Now this was Gabe's first firework show and we had been hyping it up to him all day. He got to stay up super late and everything... well it ends up fireworks are not as cool as we thought: after the first few Gabe decided he did NOT like them and wanted them to stop! Poor little guy was terrified! Eric and I thought he would love them but then we realized how overwhelming fireworks can be to a 2 year old. (duh) They are huge and bright and very loud and they look like they're going to fall right on you! So Gabe just clung on tight (and I mean tight-every muscle was tense) and closed his eyes. Once in a while he would peek out and then look quickly away as if to say "yup, bad as I remembered!" He was such a trooper. (To be honest I didn't mind the forced cuddle session!) Other than the 20 min nightmare fireworks we had a wonderful night! :)
Monday, July 20, 2009
Independence Day!
We got to celebrate our first holiday right after moving in! My mother in law Cheryl came to spend the 4th of July weekend with us and we had so much fun. Friday night we went downtown to the waterfront and had dinner at The Fishermans. It was right on the water - Gabe could not even eat he was so excited about the "BOATS, mama!!!!!!" and the "WAAAAter, mama!!!!" It was so darn cute! 
The next day we went to a town celebration in Issaquah, a town about 20 minutes away that reminds us of Midway. It is beautiful there and they had the best parade and fair! I had forgotten how exciting parades are for kids! All that candy, fire engines, police motorcycles, horsies, and dogs... wow! :) The fair had live music, face painting, pony rides, those big blow up slides and jumping rooms and tons of games and races. The best part was everything was free! Gabe was a little young for it all this year but I can't wait for next year- he is going to have a ball. So if any of you want to join us for a great 4th of July in 2010, we would love to have you!



Then for the fireworks... we went to Bellevue where they do a huge show. It was awesome! The night was perfect too - no clouds to screw things up. Now this was Gabe's first firework show and we had been hyping it up to him all day. He got to stay up super late and everything... well it ends up fireworks are not as cool as we thought: after the first few Gabe decided he did NOT like them and wanted them to stop! Poor little guy was terrified! Eric and I thought he would love them but then we realized how overwhelming fireworks can be to a 2 year old. (duh) They are huge and bright and very loud and they look like they're going to fall right on you! So Gabe just clung on tight (and I mean tight-every muscle was tense) and closed his eyes. Once in a while he would peek out and then look quickly away as if to say "yup, bad as I remembered!" He was such a trooper. (To be honest I didn't mind the forced cuddle session!) Other than the 20 min nightmare fireworks we had a wonderful night! :)
Then for the fireworks... we went to Bellevue where they do a huge show. It was awesome! The night was perfect too - no clouds to screw things up. Now this was Gabe's first firework show and we had been hyping it up to him all day. He got to stay up super late and everything... well it ends up fireworks are not as cool as we thought: after the first few Gabe decided he did NOT like them and wanted them to stop! Poor little guy was terrified! Eric and I thought he would love them but then we realized how overwhelming fireworks can be to a 2 year old. (duh) They are huge and bright and very loud and they look like they're going to fall right on you! So Gabe just clung on tight (and I mean tight-every muscle was tense) and closed his eyes. Once in a while he would peek out and then look quickly away as if to say "yup, bad as I remembered!" He was such a trooper. (To be honest I didn't mind the forced cuddle session!) Other than the 20 min nightmare fireworks we had a wonderful night! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




7 comments:
These pictures are awesome Britt. I had a wonderful time! It reminded me of the 4th of July Holidays we used to have when the kids were little. Thanks for posting. I can't wait to get some copies from Costco!
Love Cheryl
Sounds like an awesome 4th of July, except of course the scary firework show. I didn't even attempt with Ava. In fact, this was Lauren's first fireworks and she just turned 4! LOL
Hey Brittany,
I have been checking your blog regularly to see how you guys are doing! By-the-way your house does not look bad at all....you are so funny! I do understand the cleanliness issues though...that would drive me crazy too! It looks like such a beautiful place to live and so nice for Gabe to have a big-backyard area to run and play in! I bet you don't have to worry about rattle-snakes getting him either...big bonus! :) I'm so glad that you are doing good and making friends there, as if you wouldn't, you are the sweetest person!
Everytime we walk up to get the mail, Isaac always says, "Gabe moved mom! Where he at?" Same words everytime! Change effects everyone, even little kids...crazy!!
Looks like such a fun Holiday! It's great that Eric's mom got to come up and spend some time with you guys.
Keep the posts coming, I love hearing what's going on!
On another note...we are getting ready for girls camp here! Crazy that it's been over a year ago that we did that together! I'll miss you this yr for sure!!
Wow! That sounds like an awesome 4th of July! Carson is 4 1/2 and he barely started tolerating the fireworks. For him, it's the loud "boom" that he is terrified of. It does get better though!
Oh, it sounds like you had such a fun 4th! I love the pictures of Gabe in his cowboy hat. I just want to pick him up and kiss him. :) Poor little guy with the fireworks. Hopefully he does better next year. Can't wait to see you in September!
What an awesome 4th of July you had. It sounds like you moved to a very cool place! I loved Gabe in his cowboy hat--that is darling! And dinner on the water sounds wonderful. You look so pretty in these pictures! I miss you guys soooo much!! Love you!
haha! That is so funny that he was so scared of the fireworks. How cute, when he finds out about that when he is 4 or 5 years old he will find it very entertaining, I'm sure.
that is SO COOL that Don and Cheryl got to visit you right away. In fact, I think it is very sweet that they wasted no time in coming to visit. They are so sweet.
I'm glad you are having so much fun in Seattle. It sounds like you just LOVE it there!
Post a Comment