Thursday, July 23, 2009

happy happy b-day

I just had a birthday and it was great! I love birthdays...and not just my own. :) It is so fun that we get a specific day every year to just celebrate one person. I love being extra special for one day - getting all that love and attention. What is not to love about birthdays?! Ya ya, they remind you you're getting older but you know what? It doesn't change a thing and why spoil a day that (if you play it right) can lead to a whole bunch of pampering! I LOVE it!! Eric started my birthday week off perfectly when he came home with a gorgeous bunch of flowers. You cannot get it better than that. You know why I value flowers so much? Every time I see them, they make me smile! And when they come from someone I love... they remind me that I'm cared about. (Especially when they come from a guy that doesn't understand the point of flowers. The fact that he still buys them for me means he does it solely because he knows it will make me feel treasured. How romantic is that?!) So here is my beautiful bouquet:








Next on the fun list of birthday activities, Gabe and I went to Renton River Days with a group of girls from our ward. It was SO fun! Gabe just loved all the activities and chaos! His favorite thing was the face painting - he had to check himself in the mirror all day to see that basketball and football on his cheeks! Two of his favorite things in the world painted on his very face... life doesn't get much better!!

To top off the day, Eric took me out to dinner at Bahama Breeze (yum) and then to get a b-day pizookie for dessert (double yum). It was a wonderful day! And ya, I'm now 31... :)

6 comments:

Cami said...

Happy Birthday!! Sounds like had fun! And a birthday boquet - not just a single rose is definitely nice

Melanie Anne said...

Happy Birthday Britt! I am so glad you had a good day. Your flowers look beautiful--good job Eric! And your day with Gabe sounds delightful. I love Bahama Breeze too. We have been to one in Arizona a few times. I sure love you and wish I could have taken you to lunch on your big day!! Instead I was desperatly house hunting--yuk!

Erin said...

Oh, what beautiful flowers! He did a perfect job of picking them out! You're right - that is very romantic that he speaks your "love language" just for you. Gabe is so adorable about the face painting. What a cutie pie.

Armstrong said...

Happy Birthday!!! It sounds like you had a great day. You are so missed here at work. It looks like you are enjoying living in Seattle and finding some fun places to hang out and explore. Let me know when you are here for a visit. I would love to see you.

Mindy said...

I can't believe I never commented on this! I've looked at it a million times. I laugh every time I look at that dreadful fish and imagine someone playing a joke on you with it. Gabe looks so cute in his green shirt, too. And your birthday flowers are beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Britt! I sure love you and treasure our friendship. It looks like you are having a great time in Seattle -- looking at all the beautiful pictures makes me try to figure out when I can come up for a visit!

Jill