Hey everyone, I missed you! :) We could not get internet until yesterday. I am so happy to be back online. Haha! Every day I have caught myself actually composing blog posts in my head about what has been going on! Where to start?....Seattle is beautiful. We are finally pretty much settled in now. I'm actually starting to explore the area, meet friends, and have fun- we even went swimming yesterday with new ward friends. Gabe is loving our yard here - he brings me his shoes and asks to play outside all the time! (He learns fast) If only we had a fenced back yard... but it works out since I can watch him through the big windows in the kitchen and across the back of the house. We have the best neighbors and so we just kind of share the big area behind our houses. We are backed up next to what is called a greenbelt here - which is a section of wild vegation that is left to grow naturally. Gabe likes to explore back there! Mostly it's way too thick to walk in - even inpenetrable - but at the edge are some pine trees he loves to walk under. Can you believe the size of those trees?!!! They are even taller than I could capture in the picture - amazing.



The people here are awesome-
so friendly and nice. I have heard that to be true but I can't help thinking it's HF sending me lots of little angels to help me through this difficult transition. Well either way, it's great! I'm not very good at going out of my comfort zone and making friends... but somehow it's working out. Mostly because they are too friendly and sweet for me to stay aloof! Just yesterday I pulled over to ask a woman walking her dog a question and today I found myself (with Gabe of course) at her house enjoying her gorgeous yard and spending the rest of the morning going on a beautiful walk with her through the forest. And her husband actually chauffeured us around so she could show me the area and all the best places to go walking! Can you believe it?! How incredibly kind and wonderful is that?! For how homesick I am, I can't help but feel so blessed and watched out for.
So I have to go back and tell you about moving in.... what a headache! There was one big reason for this: the house was so dirty!! First of all, I was not particularly happy about the house with my first look (sorry, honey- I know you tried) but the more I looked closely the more unhappy I got! It was just disgusting... and the movers were moving all my stuff into it. To make a long story short, the rental company ended up paying for 9 hours of professional cleaners and shampooed the carpets and it still wasn't clean! (They had not seen it yet and the owners assured them it was "immaculate". Hmm, okaaay.) The kitchen was coated with that icky sticky residue that happens when it's not cleaned for a long time, all the corners of the floors were thick with grime and junk like it had never been properly mopped or vacuumed, and the walls were absolutely atrocious. And most of that was still there after the cleaners since they were doing more basic stuff! I was appalled and justifiably grumbled my way through 2 more weeks of scrubbing... and cursing dirty people. Well, it felt justified at the time! :) Now it is mostly done and I feel better. After all, the plan is to be here only through Christmas. By that time we are hoping to have sold our house and have bought one here. I can't wait! Now someone please go buy our adorable, awesome townhome!! :)
Here are a few shots (not that good of pics though) of the 2 rooms I really like...the formal living and dining. Only since we don't have a dining set, I have made that room into a little reading nook. We love it!


Here is an extra few pics... Gabe helping Daddy wash the cars (he was so happy) and on a walk with Mommy yesterday. Tomorrow I will post a whole bunch of pictures we took on the 4th of July!


11 comments:
Holy cow, it looks gorgeous there! I want your backyard!! I miss trees. I am sorry that you are still homesick but it seems like you have been very welcomed. We miss you around here. It is weird to see your house sitting empty. We love you guys! Good luck!
YEA you are back online. I have been checking everyday. I really missed the blog and seeing what you all are doing. We miss you all so much. Can't wait to see you next weekend! Keep the postings and the pictures coming!
Love you- Cheryl
Hey Britt, I keep checking you blog dying to know how things are going there. It's so fun to see your new house and neighborhood. I'm so glad it looks like things are going well.
I am so glad you are there safe and sound. It sounds like you have been able to make friends quickly. Who wouldn't want to be your friend??? You are so out going, funny, cute, and a great cook! We all miss you here at work and miss having you and Gabe at our Monday play dates this summer.
I need you to email me your address so I can mail you your costume (chanda_armstrong@hotmail.com)
Please stay in touch and call when you are here for a visit. I wish you the best!
Love,
Chanda
wow that is crazy!! It still seems weird to me that I wont see you any more and that your not my VT. But I am so happy for you. That house looks beautiful, you did a great job, I have never wanted to live in Seattle or anywhere near there, but you are making me actually consider it. Glad things are going good. Keep in touch. :D Kenzie
Brittany, I had to pause in the middle of the post, after the story of the sweet lady who showed you walking places, because I am so glad that people are being so friendly and kind. What a blessing. I could just hug that woman and all the other people who have welcomed you!
Oh, it is so lush and gorgeous there. That last picture is amazing. The trees in your back yard are incredible.
That house looks darling the way you have it all set up. Really, it looks very cute! Anything you set your hand to would blossom, though.
Oh Baba, it looks so beautiful there! I can't wait to come visit. And your house looks so pretty, too. I'm impressed by the way you just put everything back together. I am such a poor decorator. I feel pathetic that you have been in your house a couple of weeks and it is darling. :) I can just imagine Gabe LOVING that yard and all those cool walks. I'll bet Nali loves it, too. Griff and I are SO SO SO excited to come see you. And I feel like all those people who have loved you so far are an answer to my prayers, too. I've been praying for you guys since you left. I love you, sis. And I miss you SO much. I'm getting a lump in my throat just writing this. Give Gabe a big hug from me. And tell Eric we're cheering for him from home, too. :) (Not that he needs it. I'm sure he is doing awesome)
Your house looks wonderful! Too bad you had to do so much cleaning... I bet it feels great now. What a neat place to live!
Yayyy, I've been waiting for a Seattle post!! I'm so glad things are turning out well. And you have done a great job with the house, you would never know it was so dirty. It looks really cute! And the backyard, whoaaa! That is awesome. I can't believe how nice it looks. I'm so glad people have been friendly to you. It's totally out of my comfort zone to meet new people too so I understand what you're saying, but it looks like you're doing a good job! You're easy to talk too so I'm sure you'll have lots of friends in no time. I can't wait to hear more about Seattle and your new life. We miss you here!!! Girls camp is in 2 weeks, I bet you're not sad you're missing that :)
Wow--those pcitures take my breath away!! Those trees are incredible--and in your backyard!!!! That is so cool! I am sure Gabe is in heaven. I love the pictures of your little rental. You have turned into a cozy little home for your family! Good job Baba. I am so happy that you are crossing paths with such kind and friendly people. That is an answer to all our prayers. I know you are being watched over. I sure love you--and your darling family. Give that little Gabe and kiss and hug from his Aunt and tell him all his cousins are missing him TONS!! XOXO
Post a Comment