Here is the proud big brother... the sunshine in my life here in rainy, gray Seattle! What a handsome little goof!


Monday, November 9, 2009
The big ultrasound...
It's a miracle... we are having a GIRL!!! After 10 boys born in my family (and another on the way!) and only 1 girl, we are getting another girl! I am so excited! I have barely even thought about it being a girl because I knew I would get too excited about the possibility and I really didn't want to be disappointed if it was a boy (does that even make sense?!) Because of course I would have cherished the idea of another little boy in our family. Eric was absolutely certain it was a boy. In fact he never even considered it could be a girl. So you can imagine his shock when we saw for our own eyes that it was a little girl!! It was incredible. The 20 week ultrasound is the most wonderful experience, even if you couldn't see the gender. Just seeing this perfect little baby inside you is such a humbling, spiritual experience. I loved looking at her head and brain, her bones, feet and hands, organs and heart, even her sweet profile... wow. The entire concept of pregnancy and gestation is a miracle and just boggles my brain. I love it!! So anyway, now I get to run with the whole idea of having a girl... pink clothes, ruffles, bows, leggings, new girly bedding, everything! Yahooooo! I'm so excited!! (And by the way, so is Eric! I never made it clear that he is thrilled to have a daughter even if he was speechless with shock initially!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




16 comments:
Congrats!!! That is soooo exciting! Girls are so much fun!
YEAH! I am so excited for you! Girls really are so much fun and I think every mom needs a daughter...how fun for you and your family! I bet that girl won't be spoiled at all! :) Gabe will be an awesome older brother. I'm happy for you brittany and can't wait to see the cute new addition to your family!
Brittany!!!! I am so excited for you!!! Congratulations!!! I love girly stuff... live it up!
Baba. What a fun blog you wrote today! I am so excited to have another girl in our family. . . I am partial to girls; I just love them! You & Eric makes such handsome boys I KNOW this little girl is going to be beautiful . . and wonderful! Congratulations, honey. Dad
AAAHHHH! I am so excited!!! Congratulations! I got online just to check if you had your ultrasound yet and I'm so happy for you! Have you thought of names or anything? You are going to have a FUN time shopping!!!
That is great news! Holy cow- go crazy with all the girlie stuff. It is too much fun!
YEAH!!! A girl, how exciting. I am thrilled for you guys. I would love to se you if you make it out here for the holidays.Liz is coming from Flordia for both Thanks Giving and Christmas. I would love to hang out with the old crowd from work. Keep in touch. Congrats!
Chanda
Hey Britt, Congratulations! I'm so excited for you. So much fun!
You are the cutest! Congrats on your new baby girl--they are so much fun to shop for:) Gabe is so adorable--it is so fun that you keep your blog up-to-date so we can watch your family grow. We miss you around the NICU, but it looks as if you are doing just fine. Congrats again! Cannot wait to see pics of your new little one. It will be here before you know it!
Yipee--wahooooo!! Honestly I am so excited and thrilled to finally be getting another little girl in this family of boys!! I am sure Eliza will appreciate having a little girl cousin:) too! I love you and can't wait to meet this little girl!
YAY!!!! It is going to be so fun to have another little girl in the family. I am so excited for you, sis. I aready can't wait to buy little girl stuff. :)
YIPEEE!!! Even after knowing that you're having a girl for a while, and even after reading the whole post about it being a girl, I was STILL taken aback when I read "we saw her head, and her sweet profile." I have to get used to thinking of your baby as a "her". Isn't that crazy?! I was convinced it was a boy, just like ours, and just like the family trend, and so I'm having a hard time adjusting to a "her" too! I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU! It is truly so exciting to have a girl!
Oh my goodness!! I didn't even know you were pregnant!! CONGRATULATIONS! I can't even begin to tell you how happy I am for you. I just wish you still lived here so we could see your cute little daughter. I love those pictures of Gabe. He sure is a cutie! Congrats on having a little girl! How amazing! We miss you guys.
YEAH!!! Brit, I am so excited for you!!! That is the most exciting news I've heard this month! :) I can't wait for our little girl... boys are fun, but something about a little girl! Someone you can always be best friends with, I love it! Congrats!!!! She will be beautiful!
Brittany, I am so excited for you guys! I was thrilled to find out you are having a baby and now that it is a girl....how wonderful! Congratulations! I hope you are doing well!
Congratulations! How exciting for you guys. I am so glad you are still posting so we can see what you guys are up to. Glad you are enjoying WA, such a beautiful state. I am so happy for you and your new addition!
Post a Comment