
Gabe is loving preschool! I know I have mentioned it
before... but I haven't dedicated a post to our fun little group of preschoolers! October was my month to teach (we have preschool every Wednesday from 9:30-11:30) and I sure had a lot of fun with the kids. Our theme was Community Helpers and Pumpkins! Here is a picture of them making fireman ladders with licorice and pretzel sticks....

Another snack time... we made pumpkin pudding! Mmmm...


I never got any pictures of us doing one of our MANY fun activities. I was somewhat distracted trying to keep 4 little people, with 30-second attention spans, engaged - haha!! Some of the things we do are read books, sing songs, learn finger plays, dance, draw/color/paint, play games, write letters, and make fun crafts. My favorite was a pumpkin life cycle book that the kids created. It started with a seed and went through the life cycle until the end was a jack-o-lantern...and another seed to start over. With each phase (or page) of the book they used a different medium of art - gluing, painting, crayons, cut-outs, tape, etc. It was really cute and very fun! That may have been
my favorite but
Gabe's favorite was probably a paper firetruck we made in a "direction-following" activity where the kids had to create it using a series of steps. Of course making a truck would be super exciting for our Gabers! :)
Well, he is off to school this morning and I'm left wondering how this sweet little guy:
grew into
this handsome little man in a year and a half...

6 comments:
So fun! Zed is really liking school too! I am not daring enough to do a co-op as I am kind of ornery, lol! Good for you though! So glad it is working out. Karisa said you will be home for Christmas also. I would love to all get together for a play date or a girls dinner or something. Will you let me know when you are coming and if you have any free time to squeeze a visit in?
Gabe has gotten so big and handsome. It was fun seeing him again at Jack's age. It is amazing how time passes so fast in the crazy life of being a mom. It looks like you guys had some serious fun with preschool this year.
He is too cute! It is hard to believe he is old enough for preschool. I think Callie will start kindergarten the same year as Gabe???
I love the pictures! It is definitely tough getting pics of the preschoolers. I always had great intentions, but it rarely happened. Look how cute Gabe was!!! he is so cute now too of course, but it's fun seeing "baby" pics of the kids. :)
I agree--how did this happen?!! he is so grown up all of a sudden!! What a cutie:) Your preschool looks amazing! I wish Cannon could come:) I LOVE all your ideas! The fireman ladder snack idea is awesome! In your next life I think you should run a preschool--I would big money for your curriculum:) xoxo
What a great posting - You are right . . . where did the time go? He looks so big and grown up in that picture with his little backpack. He is such a cutie - I love him so much!
Post a Comment