Thursday, November 17, 2011

Puppy Love...the real thing

Every morning Nyah comes downstairs, goes immediately over to Denali's bed, puts her hands on her knees, crouches down and says "Hiiiiiiiii, do-dee!" right in sleeping Denali's face. It is so adorable!! Then throughout the day I'll see her take toys over to Denali (who spends 90% of the day in her bed) and tell the dog about them. Sometimes she'll just climb right on in and join her in bed for awhile! Other times Denali gets ridden like a bucking bronco (no joke) or climbed all over and mauled lovingly. Of course the dog never complains and sits through it all with a long suffering look on her face. :) I can't say that I love the dog hair that inevitably ends up all over my baby after these play dates, but I have to admit that I do enjoy seeing her love the dog so much. I think it's been really good for Nyah and Gabe to be around Denali. If there ever was a dog for little kids, this is it!

6 comments:

Lori said...

Super sweet! Denali is just SUCH a pretty dog. She seems like she'd be the perfect family dog.

Melanie Anne said...

That is sooo sweet!! Remember when she was a puppy and would just maul my little boys with puppy love?? She has really settled down now:) She has been such a good dog! I love these sweet pics of Nyah! She is a very beautiful little lady! I can not wait to see ya'll soon!!!!! xoxoxo

Grandma Cheryl said...

I just LOVE these pictures of Nyah especially the first one! She is so beautiful! I wish Max was more calm so she could enjoy him this much.

Erik & Marcie +3 said...

Awww so sweet! Love the pictures. Your kids will always remember their first dog. She really is such a sweet dog! And of course Nyah is adorable as ever!

Mindy said...

You have no idea how much this makes me want to get a dog! I absolutely LOVE seeing how much Gabe and Nyah love their Nali. She is the best dog, sis. Seriously, if I could have a dog that was so great with kids I would take her in a heart beat. (I'd just have to convince Griff - haha)

Jan S said...

Those are such precious pictures, Brit. Oh my! I just loved that second pictures where she snuggled up against Denali. Nyah is so sweet and Nali is such a good family dog.