Sunday, December 4, 2011

Christmas Time is here!

The day after Thanksgiving Gabe was so excited that it was "Christmas time"! He has been asking me for weeks when it would be Christmas Time. Probably because of all the wonderful things I've been talking about! First of all came out the decorations which were really exciting, then even better, the tree. He exclaimed excitedly over each ornament and was so sweet with how he showed each one to Nyah. It was adorable. We had a little party decorating the tree on Saturday night. (I had to give myself time to finish up frantic shopping on Black Friday, haha!) Here is our gorgeous finished product: That weekend we had so much fun relaxing with the whole family home and together. Here is Gabe cuddling up with Daddy on the floor in the office... watching a football game (not available on tv) on our tiny computer monitor! They even munched on goodies while they watched their game. It was so cute I had to capture the moment.Nyah has been a little sick, poor sweetheart. I think it hit right after Thanksgiving and has kind of lingered for awhile now. On this afternoon she woke up sad from her nap (very unusual for our bouncy girl!) and so I bundled her up and went downstairs to make her a baby cup of Grammy's special lemon-honey tea. She loved it so much!! Here are my two cuties playing make believe. Gabe transformed Nyah's cushion from her changing table (it was laundry day) into a pirate ship. He made sure there was room for her aboard too. They were sailing the seas - well actually he got them both oars so I'm not sure what kind of boat it was! Then he ran off and brought back a pen and paper to make a map (like in Dora the Explorer)! It was so creative and cute!! Of course Nyah disappeared soon after and came back with a scavenged pen from somewhere and a scrap of paper to scribble on! I just sat on the chair and enjoyed watching them play. :)Gabe's fantastic gingerbread house!! This is the first time we have attempted it...and I'm not ashamed to admit I bought the premade house at Costco!! Hee hee! It was so fun to open it up with all the different candy right there, the frosting in tubes ready to use, and a house all put together and waiting! We got to focus on the fun stuff - where to put all those yummies! We did all this art work at a luncheon hosted by a good friend with a whole bunch of other ladies and kids. It was a blast and we enjoyed a delicious lunch, to boot. What a way to kick off Christmas Time!

3 comments:

Melanie Anne said...

What a fun pictures!! The kids are looking so big! I can not wait to see them soon!! Yay!! Your tree looks gorgeous too:) xoxoxo

Mindy said...

Griff watches the games on the computer, too. He'll be ecstatic when Jack will watch with him. You are the best momma to make lemon-honey tea for Nyah bug. I hadn't had it with fresh lemons forever until you were in town last. The last time I got sick, I practically rushed to the store to buy lemons and it was SO worth it. That pirate ship is seriously cute. I love how Gabe is playing make believe so much now. And I think it is cute that Nyah stuck around to play with him. I can't imagine Jack doing that now let alone at Nyah's age. So adorable!

Jan S said...

I LOVED those pictures. The kids are SO cute and you are such a wonderful mother, Brit. I am really proud of you.