Last but not least, here is Eric in all his vocalizing glory, treating us to the song "I'm getting nuttin' for Christmas" with the EQ. I still can't believe he got up and sang... he takes his calling very seriously! ;)
Tuesday, December 6, 2011
ward Christmas party
This year for the ward Christmas party I was in charge of organizing the dinner. Whew, what a project! But everything turned out well and we had a ton of fun. Of course the best was watching the kids run wild with their friends! :) For the program, every auxiliary sang a hymn. Here is our Gabers with the primary... see all those cute kids lined up singing? Not Gabe... he is on the far right standing in front of all the other kids! Not sure why, but he wandered around in front, not really singing, just kicking his leg and smiling a lot. It was pretty darn funny!
Nyah thought the party was all about her. It was like she was a teenager already... as soon as we got there she took off like she needed to socialize with everyone! If I turned my attention away for a moment, she was gone. I even found her once on the pianist's lap while she was trying to play!
For the most part she could be found with her little buddy Lauren (in the pink shirt). They were running around giggling, crawling like babies, running and falling (on purpose) and just being silly goofy in general!
Gabe couldn't help but join the fun for a bit...
Of course the highlight of the evening was SANTA!!! Gabe was so excited he kept asking me in a whisper when Santa would be there, almost like it was a secret! It was adorable. That little man is just the cutest boy. When Santa finally did come, his face literally lit up and he raced to the stage to get in line! He was so quick that I missed a picture of him on Santa's lap, darn it! Eric was there though and told me that Gabe wouldn't really look into Santa's face but talked to him and was really happy to sit on his lap. (I remember last year I captured a picture of him talking out of the side of his mouth to Santa! Luckily Santa has good hearing because he still brought the gift Gabe really wanted!)
The funniest part of the night was Nyah with Santa though. She LOVED him!! She would NOT leave his lap and the other kids were having to sit on Santa's other knee until I finally dragged her off his lap kicking and screaming! It was hilarious!! And she wiggled and squirmed her way back onto his lap again (of course cutting in line) before a very embarrassed Daddy finally put a stop to his child monopolizing Santa! Who ever heard of a 1 year old that adored Santa! Most are terrified! :) She would sit on his lap grinning from ear to ear and looking up into his face now and then. Mostly I think she just loved being the center of attention!! Uh oh, we're in trouble!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
Nyah cracked me up with how much she loved Santa. Lauren wouldn't get near him and you couldn't keep Nyah away.
What a fun party!! Your descriptions of the kids is so fun!! I can just imagine:) And that is so funny that Nyah loved santa so much! How cute! I can not wait to see them soon!! Your children are so darling!! love you guys!!
What a fun time! I got such a kick out of Nyah loving Santa! That is too funny! Our friends took our kids to our ward party last night (we went to Jed's work party) and they said Sam would NOT go to Santa. That is too funny that Nyah loved him so! :)
Very cool to see Eric singing up there! :) Go Eric!
Britt. I can't believe how big Gabe looks in these pictures. I mean, I just saw him. But I'm still floored that he isn't a toddler anymore. I know you know what I mean. Sometimes a still shot just slows you down enough to really look at someone and realize how much they've changed. I loved hearing about how Gabe loved Santa. And Nyah! I made Griff sit down so I could read it aloud to him. I have NEVER heard of a one year old who adored Santa. That is SO fun and crazy. That little girl is so fun!
What a fun party! You have a neat ward. Isn't it great that no matter where you go, you have a ward family. Dad and I would have been lost in all our moves if we didn't have the church.
Post a Comment