Saturday, December 3, 2011

autumn hiking and THANKSGIVING

Daddy's zest for the outdoors does not go down with the temperature! Fall hiking is always fun too because the leaves are so beautiful to see changing colors. We were a little late for that on this trip but we had a blast crunching through all the leaves on the ground. We did find out that our little Nyah noodle is not really a fan of hiking in the cold. Maybe it has to do with being confined to the backpack - no real way to warm up or explore like that! But then even when we let her loose, she was still very unhappy with her circumstances! I'm afraid for the rest of the year, it will be the boys alone braving the outdoors. Nyah and I will stay cozy and warm at home!We went on the "Bus Trail" and found out why it was named that! Gabe and I had fun wondering how on earth this old bus ever got this far up the mountain! Thanksgiving morning the kids kept busy by painting and painting and more painting... a new, passionate interest for both! Of course Nyah just wants to do whatever Gabe is doing so I'm not sure that is accurate! But Gabe's face always lights up when I suggest he paint!
We had a fantastic Thanksgiving feast with friends at the Paternosters later that afternoon. Absolutely everything tasted heavenly! I can't believe I forgot to take a single picture. Probably because I was enjoying myself so much! Eric and I are so happy to have such wonderful friends here. It's like having family around you, even when your family is really so far away.

3 comments:

Melanie Anne said...

That hike sounds amazing!! Wow--Seatle is such a beautiful area! I am so excited to come out for a visit! And your sweet little ones look so darn cute painting! I really miss you guys! xo

Mommy Amy's blog said...

So glad you all are doing so well there and you have such great friends to take care of you!

Mindy said...

You guys are so good at getting out and enjoying the outdoors. We love it, too, but somehow we don't get out as much as we'd like. You guys are my idols. :) The painting looks fun.. and I'm so glad you have good friends out there!