Thursday, January 12, 2012
Our first Christmas at home!
This year was special because it was the first year that we celebrated Christmas on our own! Santa even came to our house this year (instead of grandparents)! On Christmas Eve I made my family's traditional dinner of Chicken a la King, which we enjoyed by candlelight.
Then we read the story of Christ's birth out of the bible, sang some Christmas songs, and read some Christmas stories. At this point we let Gabe and Nyah open a gift each - pjs plus a new Christmas book. So we read the book and made a plate of goodies for Santa and the reindeer then popped the kiddies into bed! Eric and I enjoyed a fun evening of preparation for the morning (wink wink!) and watching The Christmas Carol with George C Scott (a personal fave of mine...and hopefully Eric's one day)! It was such a fun night! The next morning the kids were up early (not so unusual for our Gabers) and ready to go see what Santa brought! He was so cute, getting Nyah all excited to go downstairs.
Gabe was THRILLED with the awesome garbage truck that Santa brought for him!! This was one of the only pictures I could get of him looking at the camera! He was all eyes on the truck all day. :)
Nyah got a baby doll and stroller from Santa. It took her a few minutes to warm up to it but in the end she loved it! Here is her funny little "CHEESE" face!
I decided to add to that gift by sewing her baby doll a little bed and some blankies. I think Nyah liked it! 



We had a delicious breakfast (if I do say so myself!) of Christmas cream eggs, bacon, fruit and homemade pastry.
Then it was back to opening presents and playing! Daddy decided to take a rest on the couch and Nyah came right over and made herself comfortable... right on his head! haha!
"Oh wait, there's someone under there!" :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
What a beautiful happy little family you and Eric have created!! I loved these sweet pictures! It looks like your Christmas was perfect! Love you guys lots! xoxo
That is so cute! Gabe and Nyah looked so cute in their jammies. Are you guys doing the jammie tradition? I can't decide, because Griff's family has always done it. But I like my kids to be dressed for Christmas morning, so I'm not sure it's worth itif you just get dressed in the morning anyway... can't decide... Anyway, those pictures of Nyah on Eric's head are hilarious. She is such a doll, Baba. She looks so cute with her little baby. And I love how Gabe is so enamored by his garbage truck. He told me all about it when he was here, too. I don't think Jack gets that excited about his toys yet. I watched a Thomas the Train with Gabe and asked him about his favorite train... and I couldn't believe how much he could tell me about all the different trains. And not just their abilities. He told me all about their personalities, too. It was pretty cute. Now that Christmas craziness is put away and I've gotten a little more on top of my life, I'm ready for you to come back again. How about next week? :)
What a fun Christmas! This reminds me of what it was like for Dad and I when we lived out on our own, away from family. I loved that you kept all the old traditions with the Christmas eve Chicken a la King and reading the nativity in the bible, etc., then Christmas eggs for breakfast. You made everything so beautiful, too! The pics of the kids were so cute. I love how Gabe is so thrilled with his garbage truck and Nyah with her doll. They are SO cute! I love them!
Post a Comment