Saturday, February 25, 2012

Green smoothies = yum

Eric got the BlendTec blender for Christmas and he was THRILLED! (that's a joke although he was happy! I may never live this one down though...!) So every day, at least once, we enjoy a green smoothie packed with delicious nutrients. It feels awesome! Mostly because I love watching Gabe and Nyah literally inhale all that spinach, flax, fruit, and other good things! :) It's been less than 2 months and we have made 110 smoothies!!! (It keeps track for you. And honestly some of those times were for grinding wheat, making green icecream, chopping nuts and a million other awesome things that machine does.) I love it!! Here are Gabe and Nyah enjoying their smoothies one morning cozied up on the stairs. They were being so cute with their legs up slurping away and smiling at each other. I couldn't capture the moment exactly but here is my best shots:

4 comments:

Melanie Anne said...

What cuties!! Thank heavens Daddy got that awesome Chrsitmas gift:)
Love you guys!! xo

Li said...

Wow, that blender sounds amazing!!

aubreyannie said...

soo jealous! i am either getting a blendtech or a vitamix for my birthday. my blender broke and i have missed our green smoothies. i will have to decide between one or the other.

Mindy said...

I'm dying to get one! Those cuties are adorable sucking down their smoothies. And you are a braver Mama than me to let them drink green smoothies on the carpet. But then again, they may not have Jack's obsession for pulling out the straw, tipping the cup upside down, or playing with the lid in between swallows.