Saturday, February 25, 2012

Valentine's 2012

We started out Valentine's off with a festive breakfast of pink, heart-shaped pancakes and a strawberry smoothie. During the day Gabe went to his preschool Valentine's party, we put our finishing touches on our valentines, and got ready for our fun family night! That evening we had our traditional doorbell-ditching of valentines... Gabe and Nyah were delighted! :) So were Eric and I! It was so fun to receive those little notes of love from each other. My favorite was Gabe's valentine to Nyah. First of all he put dog stickers on the front (because she loves doggies, he said!) then he drew a picture inside:Yes, that's me with the enormous stomach!! I bet he explained a hundred times how that was me with the really fat tummy! In fact when Eric asked why he wasn't in the picture Gabe immediately said there was no room for him because Mommy's tummy was SOOOOO fat!! Lovely. :) We had so much fun that night. I sure love my precious family.

5 comments:

Melanie Anne said...

What a fun Valentines Day!! And that valentine from Gabe is so hilarious!!! What a funny little guy!

Jodi said...

That valentine is PRICELESS! You are going to have to keep that one forever!

Erik & Marcie +3 said...

lol oh man, that is awesome. Best.valentine.ever :)

Mindy said...

BEST.VALENTINE.EVER. I just got home from work and needed to wind down a little, so I checked your blog. I'm so glad I did. My whole family is sleeping, and I am down hearing laughing my guts out! You better keep that Valentine forever. It really is priceless like Jodi said. I keep chuckling... can't wait for that belly to be skinny again, because that will mean that my sweet little nephew is here! (Not to mention Eric will have a place in family pictures again. Still chuckling...) One more month!

Jan S said...

Well, that was the funniest picture! It is such a hoot to see kids' perception of us. When you kids were little you just erased the top of dad's head to show that he was bald. Now you know how Gabe sees you! Dad and I had a good laugh.
I know you feel big, but you are beautiful.