Tuesday, August 14, 2012

4 months old... seriously?!

Where has the time gone?! I can't believe our new baby is already 4 months! How can I explain our Ian... he is such a precious addition to our home that it's hard to imagine life without him now.  He is so very mellow and sweet, and yet lights up like a light when you give him attention! He wiggles and squirms with happiness and has the brightest smile you have ever seen! His body is getting chubby and round and I am loving watching the fat rolls deepen on his wrists, forearms, and legs! He has a round little face like his big sister Nyah but his coloring is definitely more like Gabe. I think he is a perfect mixture of them both.   I wonder what his personality will be like though? So far he has been a mild, easy baby like Gabe but I've definitely seen some silliness and spunk too!  He loves to experiment yelling and squealing and I can tell he really has fun with it! He just barely started rolling over and that can keep him entertained for awhile. He also just discovered his thumb (uh oh) and will suck and gnaw on it happily. Usually when I nurse him it's a quiet pause in the day and I am just overwhelmed with the strongest feelings of love and gratitude for this sweet baby.  He is truly a delight and a treasure. I am just loving every second with him!

 

 And my favorites....





6 comments:

Melanie Anne said...

Oh my goodness--he is precious!! I loved these pictures:) I can not wait to hold him in my arms----soon, I hope!! xoxoxox

Kelly said...

Thanks to Ian for not wanting the bottle! I loved holding and rocking him to sleep, so cute!

Brianne said...

He has the best smile!

Mindy said...

I loved those pictures and the update. Especially the last couple of pictures. He seems so big compared to the last time you were here. I can't wait to see him again so I can get to know him better. He is making me a little baby hungry actually. :)

Erik & Marcie +3 said...

So, so, cute! And CHUNKY!! Love!!

Erin said...

Oh my goodness, such a sweetheart! This is Charlottes age. I can't believe how time flies. I love the pictures you took! I think my favorite of all of them is the one where he has three fingers in his mouth and he is laying down, looking up toward the camera. That is so pretty of his big blue eyes. He is so darling! Oh, and I love his funny little mouth on the next picture! What a sweetheart!!!