For Independence Day week we went up the canyon for a bbq on Monday. Mom prepared the best FHE lesson. We talked about our wonderful country, sang patriotic songs, waved flags, and the kids even memorized the Pledge of Allegiance with Grammy to perform for the rest of us! At the end we talked about how to be a good citizen and the kids all picked up 10 pieces of trash. It was such a fun evening! Mom and Dad always made each holiday special for us growing up and they are still doing it with the grandkids. The 4th of July has always been a special one too. We all love our country so much and feel so blessed to live here in freedom.
Nyah's headband slipped down during the prayer but she still kept her arms folded - what a reverent, good girl! (Unlike her mama who was snapping pictures!!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Gabe must have loved picking up the trash, I'm sure he picked up more than 10 pieces. He's so cute. I love that Nyah kept her arms folded. She is such a sweet girl.
What sweet night!! I wish so much we could have been there with y'all!! Do
haha! that last picture of Nyah is so cute! I'm afraid my kids wouldn't have been reverent. :P It sounds like such a fun outing. I love the patriotic activities! and super cute to pick up ten pieces of trash to be a good citizen. :)
Post a Comment