Tuesday, May 13, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GABE!!!

My little bear is a year old! I can hardly believe it has been that long since he came home with us on Mother's day a year ago...time sure flies. Since his b-day landed on Mother's Day this year, we decided to have his big family party on Saturday. We had a bbq at a park near our house and luckily the weather was beautiful. It was so fun with all the cousins, aunts, uncles, and grandparents. Gabe loved all that attention...almost as much as he enjoyed playing with the balloons and gleefully stuffing his face with chocolate cake! :) What a great day! Here are some of my favorite pictures...including Gabe covered in chocolate frosting (what 1st b-day would be without a messy cake-face?!) Check out the picture of Gabe's cousin Cannon with Amy...he's really hamming it up for the camera! And also there is Gabe in his new "ride" and a cute pic of him and his cousins with Grandma and Grandpa Sterzer.




I know I posted a million pictures but there were so many others that I didn't! :) The first picture is with the sign my Dad made for Gabe for his b-day. Traditionally in my family my Dad will make his signature birthday banner and then everyone writes little messages of love on it, kind of like a card. I still have some of mine from growing up - it's a tradition I have always loved and wanted Gabe to be a part of. The other pictures are just a few of the many wonderful family members that joined us to celebrate Gabe...thanks everyone!

7 comments:

Team Box! said...

Happy Birthday Gabe, I can't believe our little guys are 1!!!
he's so cute, love the car!

Melanie Anne said...

That was such a fun party! Happy Birthday Gabe--we sure do love you!! Cute pictures Britt!

Amy said...

What a fun BBQ! Gabe was so adorable digging into his teddy-bear birthday cake. He loved it! And Cannon...that picture cracks me up! I just picture him saying "whad up!" the way his lips are pursed! Hah! Thanks for organizing such a fun get-together! Happy 1st birthday Gabe!

Isaac and Tallie said...

So cute! I can't believe he is already a year old...what a grown up boy already with his own car and all. It looks like the party was great. I hope you are doing well!

Erin said...

Wow, that party looks so fun!!! I had to click on each of the pictures to make them bigger so I could see them better. Everyone looks so happy in them. I love the one of Mom and Dad and the all the boys. Oh, wouldn't it fun to have Ben and Eliza in on that picture? Of course, Eliza would spoil the whole 'BOYS RULE!' theme going on there... :) I could hardly recognize Cannon. In that one picture I thought, "Now who is Amy holding?" Weird! All those little ones are growing so fast!!!!!
By the way, where's a picture of the cake?! There's a bit of it in one of the pictures... just enough is showing to make me extremely impressed and also very curious about what the rest of it looked like!

Jeff and Nanci said...

Oh my gosh Brittany! I can't believe Gabe is a year old. Time flys. They get big way too fast. Gracie just started to crawl and before I know it I'm sure she will be walking. What a fun B-day!

Anonymous said...

Baba,
Thanks for hosting that fun day at the park. I had such a good time surrounded by people I love. It has been a wonderful year with little Gabe. He is a blessing to us all on both sides of the family. Isn't it amazing how much happiness a child can bring?
I love you honey,
MOM