Friday, May 2, 2008

Gabe's YA-YA face

Yes, Gabe has learned to communicate. No, he isn't talking yet. Not even a single Mama, Dada or Hi. What he does say is "YA-YA-YA-YA-YA" as loud as he can, usually just when he is hungry or tired and wants me to hold him! I'm thinking "oh, great", I've got a yeller on my hands. The sad thing is, it works and he knows it! I try really hard to at least get him to stop yelling long enough for me verbalize what I assume he wants before I then quickly do it before he starts yelling again! :) (It's really cute when he realizes I understand- he gets this big smile and acts all excited.) I'm sure he'll grow out of it as soon as he can get his tongue around some real words. Here is a picture of mid- YAYAYA yell! I was taking pictures of him one morning before he realized how hungry he was for his breakfast...poor starving child!!Gabe is such a funny little guy - I hate to make it sound like he is high-maintenance or annoying - NEVER!! He is usually so laid back and sweet with a big, toothy smile for just about everyone! Every where I go, people adore him. We went and got his passport this week and the people from Costco, the postoffice, and Public Health building all said what a friendly, cute baby he was!

9 comments:

Jodi said...

Oh he already has you wrapped around his finger! Just kidding :) That is very cute!

Team Box! said...

don't you love their screaming communications skills?!
We just can't get enough though thats for sure! We absolutely need to get these guys together for a playtime. Come down this week, lets just plan it, and actually do it!!

Amy said...

You always get the best pictures of him Britt! Won't it be so crazy when these boys can actually yell words, not just funny noises. Oh, and I can't believe he's pretty much 1 year already!! My how time flies!

Anonymous said...

Hey Britt,
Gabe is sooo cute and I think he looks just like you!!! It has been fun to see all his darling pictures. Let's plan a work playdate soon. Email me at lsc@paulcardall.com

Melanie Anne said...

That is so funny!! You really captured that with that picture--I can almost hear the YA YAing! He is such a sweet baby! I sure love you guys!

Mindy said...

That is the funniest picture. What a cutie pie.

Amy said...

Oh, I had a screamer on my hands when he was hungry (it wasn't a mad scream, just a "hurry up and give me what I want scream"). He is so cute! How did he get so big? IT's amazing how quickly that happens! Wait until he starts speaking... it's so cute and so much fun!

Erin said...

That is the CUTEST picture ever! Seriously, so cute! He is HANSOME! I can just imagine him yelling "yayayayaya!" :)

Erin said...

By the way, did you cut his hair? It looks really cute.