Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Thanksgiving Point

I love Thanksgiving Point!! The entire place is so neat but the gardens are my favorite... they are incredible! We had a pass to the gardens last year but I didn't end up using it much after Gabe was born. I picked up again in the fall and Gabe and I would visit three to four times a week. I would strap him on my tummy in one of those carriers and off we would go! I really learned to love and appreciate the time spent walking among all those gorgeous plants and trees with the beautiful streams and waterfalls. It is just so soothing and uplifting. Needless to say, we got another garden pass this year. The flowers have been awesome this spring! The tulips bloomed a bit later than usual but when they did... WOW, they were pretty! My favorite place is the secret garden - at least if you can time it right to be in there alone. (It's just not the same if there is a big group of people already there making a racket!) If you are alone, it is so peaceful. Actually the whole place is! Is this great free advertising for them or what? :) Last year we actually saw a FOX! It was so cool! I followed it around watching him pounce on grasshoppers and taking lots of pictures. Unfortunately I didn't have my real camera with me and so all those great pictures are on my phone - what a waste! This year I haven't seen him back yet but I did get a picture of a little, yellow bird (don't ask me what it is exactly)! There were a bunch of them flying around - it was so pretty to watch.



There is a great little restaurant called Trellis Cafe that overlooks the gardens too. Eric met Gabe and I at the gardens last week and we decided to try it out... it was so good! It's simple but elegant and the food is delicious as well as a good price. So....if anyone wants to take a walk with me and my little man or meet us for lunch, give me a call!

3 comments:

Mindy said...

I would love to take you up on a walk next week. Maybe we could plan it and go to lunch with the sisters since it didn't work out this week. :) I'm looking for a vacuum today... lots of fun. I've bid for one on ebay, and so now I am obliged to check my computer every 20min or so to find out if anyone has outbid me. Haha.

Jodi said...

I love Thanksgiving point too! We went to the Tulip Festival and were disappointed that there were no tulips. Now that the flowers are out I have to go back. I would love to go with you sometime.

Melanie Anne said...

I would LOVE to go with you! Now that scholl is out--(and I have some babysitters around )I think I will be able to do it. I love the pictures! It is so pretty there!