Friday, June 6, 2008

Ready or not, here I come!

Gabe has finally figured out what legs are for...he doesn't crawl but he does scoot around on his bum! At first it was mostly using arm strength and looked SO awkward but now he uses his legs to pull...still awkward, though much more effective! I must say that it is so fun for me to watch him get around on his own now. He has always been pretty content to stay in the same place and play with whatever toys were within reach! (My goodness, he has gotten pretty darn flexible - an invaluable skill for those that stay put!) Now he is scooting around like crazy, all business - it is so cute! It's slow going and not too smooth but he sure looks determined when he's going to investigate some new and fascinating object... like the doorstop for instance! It's ironic because I never crawled as a baby either and actually did the exact same bottom-scoot. My parents still talk about how funny it was that I did this funny crab crawl - Mom said I had a big callous along my calf from using it to pull myself along. Well, Gabe has only been scooting for a week and he already has a little rash/callous forming...poor kid! Like mother, like son, I guess. Since it is hard to describe how cute Gabe looks cruising around, I just had to put on this video clip so you could see it for yourself...

7 comments:

Cami said...

That video is soooo cute!

Anonymous said...

The video is wonderful! Now I can not only see how cute he is, but I can hear him as well. Keep them coming Britt!

Mindy said...

That is SO cute! I had to watch it twice. He is the sweetest little guy. And I love how it doesn't even phase Denali to get whopped on the head. She is such a good dog.

Erin said...

THAT IS SO CUTE!!! Seriously so so cute! Benny and I watched it over and over... and over. :) Gabe is such a smiley cute guy, and that little scoot he does is adorable. And I love the smack he gave Nali. Haha!

Jeff and Nanci said...

Oh my gosh Brittany! That is so cute. I can't believe you did the same thing he does. That is so funny. He's getting so big. Gracie is crawling everywhere too. I've got to child proof house before she does something crazy. See you around!

Anonymous said...

Baba,
There must be something in the genes that produces that crawl, because that is EXACTLY how you crawled! Gabe is so cute and Nali is such a nice patient dog. LOVE YOU! Mom

Melanie Anne said...

I love that little scoot he does!! He is so darn cute! Hey--did you take those pictures on your side bar?? They look awesome! Gabe is turning into a little boy! So adorable-we just love him so much!