Life has been crazy busy lately so I'm just finally getting around to posting the last of my Canada pictures! The last half of our time in Alberta, we spent in Magrath at my grandparents house. Growing up we spent every other year vacationing in Magrath, the small town that my mom grew up in, so I have lots of wonderful memories there! Traditionally everyone meets for the 24th of July at my grandparents house for Magrath Days. The whole town celebrates with a parade, a free breakfast and dinner (always "beef on a bun"), games, races, and all kinds of fun activities ending with a fireworks show, bonfire, and dance. One of our favorite things is the softball tournament. Each family can enter the tournament with a team that is mostly comprised of blood relatives, at least 2 women, and one person over 40. it is very competitive and so fun! We got to the finals but lost in the end - bummer. Grandpa was so upset he left partway through the last game... I wonder where our competitive nature comes from?! :) My most memorable souvenir of the trip was a nice, big shiner from getting nailed in the face with the softball!! Within about 30 seconds my cheek looked like I had a golfball stuffed inside - weird. Two stitches and a bruised ego later (did I mention I got hit during practice because I wasn't paying attention?), I was back at the game... as a cheerleader now! Brother. Oh well, all things considered it was a wonderful week with my family! 



.JPG)




Here we are in front of Ciana's house to watch the parade. The kids were having so much fun ~ I can't wait for Gabe to be old enough to scramble after all the candy! Wait a minute...there seems to be more than just kids out there! Grandma, is that you?! :) 




Sorry Gabe...it was just too funny! (heehee)
Here are the softball fans at the last, deadly game. We got scorched...literally and figuratively! Ouch!!
It's ironic that my first stitches in 30 years are on my face!!
One of our big family meals out in Grandma's backyard...
Swimming at Uncle Bob and Aunt Michelle's... Gabe liked it, sort of! It didn't take much for him to be screaming and clinging to me for dear life...like maybe someone swimming by too close!!




9 comments:
I loved reading the last few posts about Canada! I definitely need a copy of your Magrath pictures! That really was such a fun vacation. I've only gone there twice now and it is already one of my favorite trips too! That was so cute of Cindy and Jim to make you a cake for your bday:) And your pictures of Banff are beautiful! It makes me really want to check it out sometime in the next few years.!
Oh man Brittany it looks like that hurt so bad to get hit by the softball, you are right...it looks a ton better now! OUch!! Good thing you are so tough..huh! :)
I'm glad you guys had such a fun time on your trip....isn't sad when vacations are over and there is really nothing to look forward too, as far as going out of town! I need another trip already!!:)
Benjamin and I read this together and looked at all the pictures, and pointed everyone out. I LOVED THESE PICTURES! Except that they really really made me miss not being able to go with you guys. First of all, your black eye/stitches look painful! What a bummer. Benny was concerned and asked, "Did someone help her owie?"
I need to get more details from you about the last game - Grandpa left early? Must have had some lame calls or something! Gee, that makes me miss him too - I love his passion over things like that.
All your pictures are so great! I really liked the one of Dad and Eric at the ball game. And the ones in Grandma's backyard are great. Benjamin especially liked the last one of Gabe smiling from his crib. :) We love you!
I love your pictures! I'll have to get copies. That was such a fun trip. I am looking forward to playing softball nonpregnant. :) I love the picture of you and Eric in the backyard b/c you can really see your black eye. I can't believe how fast it healed! That last picture of Gabe is so darling. i can see it ending up in a wedding video some day. Love you guys!
Britt, it looks like you had such a great time! Beautiful pictures! I remember loving when your family would go to Candada when we were kids because that meant you would stop by our home in Idaho on your way to and from.
That black eye made you look so tough. (Not that you don't look tough normally!) Fun pictures- I loved checking all of them out- Gabe is so stinking cute!
Your pictures ar so great!! I loved them! We will have trade pictures from the trip! I love the last one of Gabe looking over that vintage crib! He is so darn cute!! Love you!
The last thing I ever expected to see on your blog were people I know from Canada :D. Like Jordan and his family and Kyle! Isn't it such a small world. I am so jealous that you went to magrath days. We use to go all the time and watch Bob and Jordan play softball and the Parade on the 24th. I have been begging Corey to let us go up there for the 24th. I'm glad you had fun, well besides the stitches.
Hey Sis,
These pics are awesome! Amy and I had so much fun hanging out with you and Eric on that Canada trip. We really need to do that trip again next year! Love you baba,
Matt
Post a Comment