Thursday, August 14, 2008

Surprise!!!

Eric threw a surprise party for my 30th birthday! And it really was a surprise...that sneaky guy! I was on my way home from the farmers market with Mel and Mindy when Mel said she needed to pick up Connor from football practice. We were so late to pick him up - she really had me stressing for poor Con all alone, waiting and waiting - that as I was searching the park as we drove up, the last thing on my mind was the possibility of a party! I was so clueless I even said to Mel "That is so weird...that looks like Eric's family!!" As we drove up closer and I saw Don at the bbq and Cheryl walking around I was still in denial that it was really them. I mean, why on earth would they be having a picnic clear down here and not tell us about it?! You can imagine my confusion when Eric all of a sudden appears and I realize there are lots of people I know in that pavilion! (Yes, I guess I'm a little slow!) Anyway, it was SO much fun being surrounded with family and friends all together! We had a delicious bbq with lots of scrumptious salads and I even got a personalized cake, thanks to my ever-thoughtful hubby. What a sweet surprise and fun party it was. Thanks so much, babe, for putting it all together and thanks to everyone for coming! You all made turning 30 a blast!!
Here is Grandpa R gently tossing Gabe up....and Daddy taking it to the next level!! My heart may have stopped but Daddy caught him
(of course) and Gabe loved it!








These pictures are actually from my birthday lunch that Mom, Mel and Mindy treated me to! We went to the Trellis Cafe at Thanksgiving Point and it was so fun and relaxing (despite getting pity stares from just about everyone who no doubt thought I was an abused woman...what an uncomfortable role for me)! I love being with the women in my life - aren't moms and sisters the absolute best?! :)

7 comments:

Melanie Anne said...

Happy B irthday Baba!! That was so fun--the party and our girls lunch! I love you so much--and love having you close by!!

Mindy said...

Happy 30th birthday,sis!!! I had so much fun celebrating with you. You are such a fun, loyal sister. And you a friend I hold dear to my heart. I love you, sis. Those pictures are cute. We need more excuses to go to lunch... it was so much fun to spend time with the girls. Too bad Amy wasn't there... but since she was in Lake Powell, I don't feel TOO sorry for her. :)

Erin said...

Oh, that looks like so much fun! I've kept meaning to ask you about the surprise party. I'm so happy that it was such a surprise! I'm smiling so big right now imagining you being so confused when you saw Eric and family at the park. haha! I love it!
The girls lunch looks like so much fun. I guess I'm no longer part of the family since Mindy didn't miss me apparently... just kidding! :) I was there in spirit, right? :)
Your black eye just looks so uncomfortable. Is it painful? I'm sorry that you have to deal with all the stares and wondering people.... It's not every day that you see a gorgeous woman with a whopping black eye.

Marnie said...

Happy Birthday Baba! What a sweet hubby to throw you a party. Wish I could have celebrated with you!

Jodi said...

Happy Birthday! All of the celebrations looked like a ton of fun! I love that little cafe at Thanksgiving Point. It is so quaint and fun!

kenzie said...

Im glad you had a great birthday!! I feel so horrible, I didn't even know!! But sorry for the lateness of it, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Baba,
YOur birthday was very fun - I especially loved getting together with you and your sisters to celebrate. I love you honey - so glad you were born into our family 30 years ago!
Mom